Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is very frustrating to lose an all-in with hands like AA, KK, QQ. But is it really just bad luck? Or a wrong move?

For example, I went to the final table in a sat, and I had only 3, and it was only 2 tickets, the chipleader pushed all-in and I had QQ and I folded a lot against my will, but I still had a lot of chips, nothing desperate , then calmly opening the flop, seeing the best options, I won the ticket, and I didn't regret folding the All-in.

What do you think about it? Have you folded these hands yet? and what to take into account to fold? or maybe not even going all-in to begin with?
I think in this situation your objective was to get the ticket so your fold did seem good, but in other situations your fold would be bad, so folding with monster hands depends on situations, but in my opinion if you call an all-in with these hands you never it will be wrong

"It's better to run with a good hand than to lose with a great hand"

"Knowing how to win the most with the best hand; and lose the least with the worst"

C

chicomarvo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In sat, if you are close to the prize fold is very easy, but in tournaments, is difficult fold those hands because you are winning most times and you wwant more chips.

M

Mihai_RO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
In a big money poker tournament, I don't recommend pushing all your chips in with these hands at all, especially if you're on the bubble, but it depends on a lot of things. such as what position you are in. how they will act behind you. But if you have a large enough amount of chips. and no one raised him. then feel free to put all your chips in the middle.me KK QQ. I always look at the first 3 cards. I will check it and at most only after that if A is not listed. Then I raise all my chips.
Yes, yes.. but the 🃏 will come later tho. ))

Last edited:
rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my main difficulty is when I'm on the bubble with these cards, I've already folded many times because I'm afraid to get out.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think in the situation you describe it would be foolish to risk your ticket, people get caught up in hands instead of analyzing the situation, if the goal is the ticket such as in a sat then get the ticket!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello Sister. If you won the ticket then your decision was correct because ultimately you can play it and lose and this is useless. Only the winners remain in history
Many times depending on the situation I have even folded a KK because I have lost KK against AA so many times that I am already cured of fear hahahaha :):):)
If we go to the game itself QQ is a very difficult hand to fold more playing against 2 players at a table, but if the one who went all in for example did it with A3 let's suppose he remembers that he always has the possibility of a color, a straight a two pair, a trip of 3 an A and the pair so he also has a chance to win.
Greetings from argentina friend ;););)

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
This saturday I played two tournaments. I got kicked out of both tournaments with AA in my hand by going all in before the flop.

I got kicked out of one tournament shortly after joining the tournament. I had AA in my hand and my opponent had 99. We both went all in before the flop and of course the 9 opened so my opponent kicked me out of the tournament with three nines.

In the second tournament, at the moment when there were 21 of us left in the tournament, and the 20th placed person was the first to receive the prize, I got an AA in my hand. Opponent with a lot of chips raised before the flop, then I went all in and he called. If I remember correctly he had 10 and Q in his hand. And of course the Q and 10 cards came up and he had two pair and knocked me out of the tournament in 21st place. So I didn't get any prize. If I had folded, I would have easily entered the ITM zone considering the amount of chips I had. That was absolutely disgusting.

What can I say? Sometimes such cards can be a trap.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is very frustrating to lose an all-in with hands like AA, KK, QQ. But is it really just bad luck? Or a wrong move?

For example, I went to the final table in a sat, and I had only 3, and it was only 2 tickets, the chipleader pushed all-in and I had QQ and I folded a lot against my will, but I still had a lot of chips, nothing desperate , then calmly opening the flop, seeing the best options, I won the ticket, and I didn't regret folding the All-in.

What do you think about it? Have you folded these hands yet? and what to take into account to fold? or maybe not even going all-in to begin with?
at the beginning of a mtt everything is allowed and valid.
but from icm , game analyzing very well the situations of the game, mainly and stack of each villain.
the hands that give me more losses than profits are the ones you mentioned.
and you played that satellite very well.
congratulations.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's poker and variance. you can't guarantee winning the hand with a top pair preflop
it has become more guaranteed to get complicated with these hands as incredible as it may seem.
I like to see the flop and try to develop my game from there.
I agree with you.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only reason not to play these cards would probably be a satellite where you are on the bubble with few chips behind you. Otherwise, I would always play premium hands like these.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
knowing when to fold a hand is a virtue of good players, you made the best decision when you needed to.
I agree, only with experience comes an understanding of when and what to throw away.

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
And what about the administrators of pokerstars who look at hand distribution? I had AK grazed all in and wrote a caliper to me to explain my decision.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
QQ is bad hand , I have lost so many times with it , especially against AK . Not even mention JJ , worthless . KK run at cash games so many times against AA , lose to Arag. But to lose with AA , that's really sh**

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When you loose ont first hand all in in the tournament with these pocket pair its very frustated.....

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
When not to ... Obviously never.
Folding that kind of hands is so criminal it isnt even funny.

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yesterday in the one-table Sit & Go went all in from AA, there were 6 players left, I was on the stack in 5/6 place. I gave a push all in, soupenik col with QQ well and on the river you gave Q. And I flew out. So they will not be able to win with the best map either.

E

ElietonPKR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
No pre-flop hand is 100% winning, so it's normal to lose sometimes

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree that, close to the bubble, to act resiliently is the best option.
ALL in only if the Flop is favorable.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It all depends on what people are doing on your table and how people are playing.
Personally i will back a high inhand pair all the way

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When nobody have already raised the pot. There are lots of players who just open shove with these monster hands and rarely get called, losing much of what he/she could have won.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, these are very good pairs, very desirable for every player! But they can't guarantee a victory! They are just possibilities! We could also say that many times, these monster pairs are a big trap, because many players think that with the appearance of them they must win, without playing the hand. But unfortunately it is not like this! It needs effort to have the results you want!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow play AA, KK and QQ against hyper aggressive players. Also Stack size < 30BB can warrant slow playing them from late position.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Premium hands in the satellite fold easily if you have a passing stack, especially on the bubble, they should only be played if you need to double up and without it there is no way to get into the prize zone