AKo I think I spew, am i right or well played

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$11 buy in, $2k guarantee, pppoker, 9 handed, 10% ante. Hero has a TAG image. Hero doesn't have great reads on either villain, besides they have both been playing passively pre and less passive post. 50 BB effective with CO, 60 BB effective with BTN.

OTTH

Hero opens 3 BB UTG with As Kd and only CO and BTN call.

Flop (11.5 BB): Qh Th 5c. Hero checks, CO bets 4 BB, BTN folds, hero raises to 16 BB and CO calls.

Turn (43.5 BB): 7s. Hero shoves for 31 BB. Thoughts?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think I would have cbet this flop instead of the check raise. If he 3 bets you could have gotten away here with a min loss. With the check raise you set him up to push on the turn. The way you played it I would have folded the turn. A jack would be a winner card for you but the ace or king might not have helped if he had a set or 2 pair on the flop.

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would feel a little better about it if you had the Ah.

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No backdoor flush potential. You've basically turned your hand into a bluff.
It's either you cbet and fold or check-fold (it won't really be a mistake here since it's a multipot). I mean their calling range hits this board quite well.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hah )), what still here thought can be ?, hero fish, and he lost )). His response to the re-raise opponent clearly showed that he has a hand and he will go to the end.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting line...
I dont like check raise on flop, 2 overs and gutshot is a no brainer cbet. Here after you c on flop you can think of him autobetting to steal flop but when he called raise he gotta have some hand here, if you think that he can have FD and nothing else here then i guess that its OK to bet turn, youre pot committed on that turn and if you had this as a value bet then shove is a good move, but do you see him calling FD here cuz you dont beat anything else and i dont see him having anything you beat beside FD or maybe just maybe KJ

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better C-bet flop than check raise,than turn and give up river if u don't improve ..try to keep the pot small u got showdown value.

Kirs10c

Kirs10c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is how i see it - just my opinion.

Hero has a great hand AKo - excellent move to 3bb the preflop
CO/BTN call
Flop Qh Th 5c - CO raises. I would have c-bet at this point; thought would be what is he holding to warrant a raise. Hero re-raises and CO calls, again at this point I would have cbet to see if he matches the bet and how quickly he makes that move. In any case let's say he is holding a 5h, that is a 77% lead over Hero's hand. I would then fold.