Aggressive or passive start online poker tournament?

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually at beggining i an agresive until i get enough points to calm down and easily reach final table. After that again agresive 😁😁😁 works well

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My playing style is aggressively tight. And of course it depends on the situation. Mostly I play aggressively only with a strong hand. And of course it depends on what speed of the game. I like to play more normally. Not a turbo, much less a hyper turbo

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play first hands of an online, passive or aggressive multi-table poker tournament? only strong cards or do you include middle cards with which you can link flush or flush?

i wished it was black and white

N

ndarragh91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start passive, and grow into the game

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello community, I like to start a little aggressive but only with strong hands, if not I go little by little and then the development of the tournament depends on how I go with my chips if I am among the chip leaders, I put a more rock style and if I do not come with a good stock of chips I try to play it safe paying little.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way you play at the beginning of a tournament depends a lot on a number of issues. But I believe that the vast majority of regular players play more passive than aggressive.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play first hands of an online, passive or aggressive multi-table poker tournament? only strong cards or do you include middle cards with which you can link flush or flush?
Too many players overestimate poker "intelligence", especially in tournaments. In a multi-table tournament, you simply will not get enough data to conduct any reliable assessment of your opponent. You often change tables, and players come and go when they are knocked out. Instead of wasting your precious chips on futile attempts to figure out what your opponent had opened K8 suits from an early position, you better just pay attention to each hand and try to evaluate which of you is a good player.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The strategy in tournaments depends on which tables, what levels and type of tournament, everywhere in different ways, somewhere aggressive, and somewhere very passive.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play passively, but in my hands, I play aggressively mainly pre-flop, post-folp and leave the villain!

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Passive start always and i try to play manny hands i can on the beggin.....Because the blins are small.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is an observation game. Therefore, the first step in determining the style of players is to observe their general trends. This factor is the key to success in poker. Studying the trends of your rivals is considered mandatory, especially if you plan to become the winner of the tournament. Every action that the enemy commits already means something. Why did the player make an x-raise from this position or just call? It should be emphasized once again that you should always follow the game, especially when you are not involved in distribution (which can be in most cases) in order to understand what your opponents think and how they will act.
But, of course, depending on the situation. Depending on which tournament you are playing at, at which table, which steak you have and which players are at the table. But basically I play passively, at the beginning of the game I watch, carefully look at the players, especially if the blinds grow slowly.

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play cautiously when the hands are not good and waiting for a strong hand to be completed to play aggressively and thus have a high stack from the start of the tournament

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
comienzo de torneo

hello according to the tournament if they are with bounty I start more aggressive. and in the other tournaments I let some hands pass ´ to know how the other players play and put together my strategy

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello according to the tournament if they are with bounty I start more aggressive. and in the other tournaments I let some hands pass ´ to know how the other players play and put together my strategy

I think it all depends on our letters

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don't see the benefit of aggressive play when the pots are small and players are playing loose. I prefer to sit back watch players and limp in until I can be in a position to trap an aggressive player, they usually don't last long and if you're patient you'll catch them and take their stack As the game progresses and the pots increase you'll see the players tighten up that's when I like to be more aggressive in my play especially after I watch a few hands to see how the table is playing out. You'd be surprised how many hands you can steal when the tournament gets close to being in the money. Oh and I never show my cards to anyone

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it really depends, but I generally play cautiously at the beginning and try to steal pots and blinds here and there to build a stack and I stay like that up until the mid stage. When I'm on the bubble, I gear up and start to play aggressively, raising, three betting.. you name it,but I'm won't go all in unless I have a good guess that my opponent is weak, or he's a loose maniac who raises all in with borderline strong hands (Fish). On the money, I continue to play aggressively and try to steal more pots and blinds cause its important to reach the final table as one of the three big stacks if you want to win it.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a beginner or worth playing tight especially at the beginning of the tournament.

If you are a little more experienced or you can try the tight but aggressive style. And if you already have enough experience and feel the game then you can come up with a loose aggressive style. :cool:

But not very manic (it takes a lot of experience). :driver:

K

KnyzSV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn on the middle cards, the game is too aggressive in the beginning, rely on luck, but luck is not always on your side)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
At the beginning of the game I play with strong cards, as well as connectors and having a chance to make a flash and straight draw. I play actively on lower buy-in

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to hold myself cause in beginning of the tournaments people go wild quickly and it’s just a coin flip and if don’t go nuts probably you gonna lose your hand for 56o all in .... ahhahahah

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should always be aggressive. I do tend to play a tighter range at the start of tournaments until I find out about the people I am playing with.

N

no_girl1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only this:

MTT (more than 1k people)start - very slow and passive
before late reg finish - start bluff tribet. little agresive
middle - agresive go up to 7.5
near 4% of people left - full huge agrresive
final table - just look around.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are going to pick one style, pick aggressive. Just remember poker is a people game played with cards. Different people at your table dictates different styles. You may use a few different styles during the same session.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play

Better to play passive and learn your prey and then attack.

karthos

karthos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
passive vs aggressive?

my self I prefer to be passive at the beginning but that unfortunately does not hold true as online players force the all in and some hands you just can't see your way clear to fold .The passive approach though has always kinda bit me . So I feel I need to play early with a bit of both . You really can't make a good judgement until you have the chance to see your opponents strategy