Aggressive or passive start online poker tournament?

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our stack is comfortable enough for a quiet game at the beginning of tournaments. You should play very tight if you don't plan to do rebuy and re-entry.

Very true if we are going to play a tournament where we are not going to re-buy the best thing is to play quiet passive with strong cards.

fosa17

fosa17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start passively, cautiously and waiting for the right moment

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the start it makes sense to play for set mining, suited connectors. All these hands have good implied odds when you connect with deep stacks.

Mid tournament with mean stack around 35bb and median stack of 20bb these hands loses a lot of value if you are not 3 betting or folding.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are different strategies of the game in the initial stages of the tournament, some will play cautiously waiting for some strong hand to complete and others will play aggressively wanting to build a stack from the beginning and have an advantage.
I personally play differently, I try to change the strategy really depends on the tournament.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why play passive at the start of the tournament? the blinds are small, there is time and opportunity to expand the range of hands, play boldly, but not raise-all in! :) The main rule, do not forget to watch and analyze your opponents at the table! :) good luck)

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA,KK.

I play aggressively with the intention of doubling my stakes, in a game I play more than three tables, one of which is Spingo. My game includes Pocket pairs, Broadways, suited connectors and gappers!:flute::top:

silenko

silenko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new at poker, but im think you need to chill at the start and play only with strong hands, wait when fishes out and then play more agressive

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new at poker, but im think you need to chill at the start and play only with strong hands, wait when fishes out and then play more agressive

At the start of a tournament you can be a little aggressive with intermediate cards to link the ladder, color reminds you at the beginning the blinds are weak what you should take advantage of to try to double your stack of chips.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
TAG at start, switch LAG when goes on.

M

morthiman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free and low buy in tourneys have this peculiar thing....Loose callers.

It doent matter if you raise 3bbs or 5bbs, they will always call you and frequentally they gonna outflop you (unless you just play premium pairs).

So for me, early game is about POST FLOP. Call everything you can, see flops.

If u hit nothing (go away..dont bluff or steal) if u hit something solid...slowplay
If u hit something good, end the HAND RIGHT NOW, overbet...because they gonna call you until they hit something.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm playing freerolls, I always start aggressive. If I see an A, I go all in :D

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play first hands of an online, passive or aggressive multi-table poker tournament? only strong cards or do you include middle cards with which you can link flush or flush?

If your starting stack is comfortable and blinds are not so big, it is recommended to play a lit a bit not so aggressive at the beginning and to wait for something strong, because you know that you will have many chances. If the tournament is turbo, you can try to be more aggressive at the beginning to gain a good stack and play a lit bit relaxed then. :)

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Independent Chip Model is the game.
Ofc you should play tight in the early tournament.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it’s almost always a bad idea to pay passively. This is unless you have overly aggressive players who are bluffing at every single opportunity they get. It’s a good idea to play tight and aggressive, loosening up in certain spots of the tournament such as the bubble where people tend to tighten up. Also where pay jumps tend to be greater because people tend to look for the ladder so take advantage of the spots where people call too infrequently. You can’t do that if you’re playing passive just the exact same as you can’t take advantage of where they call too frequently without aggression. Hence aggression I believe is best.

Glgl

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
online poker just go all in and hope for the best hand you can get just like the rest of them do in every game i've played that's how they win bingo :confused: If you want to play a real game of poker go to a casion then play aggressive ,passive ,tight these online games are for training just my opinion :heeeellll

The Riff_Raff :cool:

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play first hands of an online, passive or aggressive multi-table poker tournament? only strong cards or do you include middle cards with which you can link flush or flush?
he checked

If I play for draws like flushes I would rather draw With Ax suited rather than 10 9 suited in both cases you need good pot odds to win. I played A3 clubs in position with a player who started with KJ of clubs . Flop came Ace high , he bet all the way to river. On the river he checked to me ,I bet full pot and he put me all in. Suited connectors can win huge pots but it depends more on the flop on run out. I seen a lot of nuts on the flop turn into second nuts or worse by the river. But if your style is to gamble more and stack top pair or pairs or even flopped sets. Then that style suits you.:)

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
way to start

It all depends on the buy in. If it is low, I risk going with everything at the beginning and then I go slower, betting on each play...:D:cool:

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker just go all in and hope for the best hand you can get just like the rest of them do in every game i've played that's how they win bingo :confused: If you want to play a real game of poker go to a casion then play aggressive ,passive ,tight these online games are for training just my opinion :heeeellll

The Riff_Raff :cool:

I have put into practice the 2 and the most effective is the passive playing with safe years to double the amount of chips.

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
still trying this out but my guess is passive

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is not a fixed strategy. Poker is all about adaptation.

How your opponents are playing, etc.

Andrey FRIFIN

Andrey FRIFIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament, I try to play only strong hands, since at the micro limits many people can go all-in with any cards, I expect them to fly out of the tournament, and only then I will expand my range

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament, I try to play only strong hands, since at the micro limits many people can go all-in with any cards, I expect them to fly out of the tournament, and only then I will expand my range

That is a good decision and very true what you say, many players bet everything in the initial hands the best thing is to let them come out

D

damiaanr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As relative stack sizes at the start of tournaments are huge, I use these first hands to 'play tricks' and welcome suited connecters and one-gappers with lots of love. Inherent to tricky play are more aggressive lines.

At stakes up to $22 BI, I find the more nitty playstyle extremely profitable, since your co-players will not as often notice your low VPIP. If it's not a turbo tournament, I play nitty for the rest of the tournament, and only if my stack gets above 80BB, start to play tricks again. That's just what I do :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! I think not can to be universal starting in tournaments: by my opinion need adjust under
the different situations and opponents for your specific table only!:driver: I think this is best method. In one word, your mind
and consciousness need to be flexible by possibility...:cool: But this is only my private opinion. And Good Luck Everyone!;):)

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly tight and aggressive at the beginning of a tourney.
Sometimes kind of passive, if I want to /can trap my opponent(s).
Sometimes I skip the early stages and play the push or fold LATE registration game :)
Because it's not seldom a meaningless play in the opening phase of the MTT.
By the way: Many people think aggressive means loose and vice versa, I read this often in forums, even from good players.