Aggressive or passive start online poker tournament?

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depend in what type of players you are playing with, if there are so loose players you can beat them aggressively and otherwise you can get good amount with tight range

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
We want to go post flop in the very first stages of the tournament , a tight approach with a mix of some speculative hands will do the job. Even with a monster hand we shouldn't have something more than a 4bet. And if we are lucky and competed and recognize early on the weak opponents we might stack them off.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the mood, buy-in, and type of tournament

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good to play more hands in the start of tournament with all cards ..bcoz the blinds is small and you can doubles up your stack ..and play passive

doma47

doma47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go on my premium hands at the start of tournament if other players are aggressive every other hand, if they are passive you can play more range hands from late position depends on odds and reading the situation , my key for the tight players is aggression from position i dont need to get a set or something to let them fold hand and give me nice pot , so my play depends on the table , i fold in a start till i see what opponents play and etcc ..

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play first hands of an online, passive or aggressive multi-table poker tournament? only strong cards or do you include middle cards with which you can link flush or flush?

Loose preflop, aggressive postflop

It's all about either making big hands early on, or finding opponents who are capable of folding top pair and putting a lot of pressure on them.

Playing in position and paying close attention to the board runout (when draws complete and scare cards comes) will allow you to take away a lot of pots that don't belong to you!

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play first hands of an online, passive or aggressive multi-table poker tournament? only strong cards or do you include middle cards with which you can link flush or flush?

Hmm if anyone reveal this,he reveal his tactics i guess.
And this also depends on situation.
If you have AK in first hand probbably you will be aggressive,and if you get on bb 2 7 you will only check right?
It is personal tactics,every player is different.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I do is play passive with strong cards at the beginning just to get a feel of the table.
After that you adjust accordingly.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the table mood. Mostly ease myself into playing more open. But Im still seeing flops with wide range of cards when im given opportunity for it.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank U 4 posting

We always want to be aggressive.
Trapping with the nuts for instance is not passive it is strategic. Limping behind to see a flop should be done out of strategy not fear. Not raising JTs should be done when we know we will get no folds therefore all other QJ KJ AJ as well as AXs in our suit will dominate us and with 3 or more callers one of those hands will be there far to often. The issue is under those factors many players passively call instead of raising when the aggressive play is to fold.

It seems odd but in tournaments folding and not losing chips to dominated hands is equal to winning chips.

Hope this helps
:):)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to set the tone for my table,,, :boxing: then settle in for a long fight,while still being selectively aggressive.I like to attain a big stack to withstand the bad beats to come later,,, ;)

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Always play passive in the beginning playing with strong hands for value

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing little hands .. I try to get a table and collect as information for about 4 levels after I let the game go.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I am passive at the start. Grind my way up unless I have a big hand.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, patience works best. That way you'll slowly build up a stack, ready for the bubble :) it's less risky in my opinion too, and as long as you take aggressive lines when you have good hands you should build a decent stack with minimal risk

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like more passive start ! Its better for analyse the players at the table and dont lose hands to crazys players that moves all in in several hands !

B

Brain Gainz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like people in this thread are using the words tight / passive and loose / aggressive interchangeably, when those really aren't the same thing. A winning strategy always involves aggression. There is tight - aggressive and loose - aggressive, which have both been shown to be winning strategies if they can be applied correctly. However, passive players are almost always losing players.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it´s not a question of aggressive or not, but also what hands the game gives to you. If you receive many strong hands you need to be aggressive otherwise with weakly hands you need to be more passive

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight and aggressive pre and post flop

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressively on freerolls for strong hands and middle hands. As I feel there is nothing to lose and if I go out first hand great I'm happy either way. I rather double up or go bust early on than go bust later on before the bubble as so much time has been wasted when going bust close to the money and that hurts more than in the beginning of freerolls.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

For sure agressive. Also when bllinds are low, I like to paly any 2 cards. Agood flop and I can trap easily. Or set up a good bluff.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressively strong hands to increase the stack.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Our stack is comfortable enough for a quiet game at the beginning of tournaments. You should play very tight if you don't plan to do rebuy and re-entry.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the structure and growth of the blinds? It also depends on the limit of the tournament. In the initial stage I would choose a more aggressive style (if the effective stack is 75-100bb

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the structure and growth of the blinds? It also depends on the limit of the tournament. In the initial stage I would choose a more aggressive style (if the effective stack is 75-100bb

It is logical the bigger our chip stack the more aggressive we should play.