eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

Who here plays these tourneys? I've played a few and tried some different strategies and had varying success. I also got KOd from some excellent holes including AA and JJ after making another J on the flop.

It's an interesting format tho. I reckon it could be a good way to build a bankroll once you get the hang of it as it normally closes with around 50 total players with generally 7 - 12 places paid. The problem is it's TURBO on NOS! ... 30k Starting Chips with 5 min blinds and 3 levels late reg. Level 1 is 250 / 500 blinds.

Seems to me so far that getting ahead early with your stack is key to finishing in the money. This is probably true for all tourneys but more so in this game... Any tips for a noob?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no extra value in these. Don't play them they are designed to mimic a high frequency rake in cash games.

Bassgeye

Bassgeye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play these at night for fun since they took my favorite SnG2.0 away for the trashy 6+ nonsense. Whether I get in at the start or in the 3rd level it's pretty standard. Play tight and hard on hands in position. I cash more often than not.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I stopped playing them as they are a bit of a joke. 3 levels in it is push and fold time and while that maybe OK for the end of a tournament its not good to me so early in a tournament. If they ever decide to give a fairer size starting stack I would start playing them but until then I will avoid them.

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your comments so far.

I'm busy playing my second 1 in a row. KO'd in Level 1 after calling an All In Re-raise ... My AQ lost to KQ...

Decided to play the 2nd one more conservative. Currently 9th of 20. Ok so I just checked A10 after hitting 2 10s on the flop. Other guy (about 20k chips) checks. Turn brings a 3rd heart to table and I bet a blind of 2000 and he calls. River brings a heart we both check and he hits flush with J hearts.

Should I have raise him all in at the flop? Or was my conservative play correct for this tourney.... I feel he might have called me trying to play those 2 hearts.

After writing that I am now 3rd of 17 :) 7 places paid.

thoughts?

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to reg these right after reaching the money in those on demand freerolls. I take that money to a cash game table now. Way too much variance in these on demands, it's essentially a push or fold after about 15-20 mins, and if you can't win a few flips, you can forget about making the money. Best of luck to you though, there is potential for good ROI if you can swing with the variance!

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A quick update ... I eventually placed 5th and won $1.32 :) ...

QQ lost to KJ

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a huge way to trap low bankroll players that can't play higher stakes, not worth the time and money. Play other games because that one is a ripoff

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a huge way to trap low bankroll players that can't play higher stakes, not worth the time and money. Play other games because that one is a ripoff

Yea my AK lost to 33 on the next lol ... Any micros you can recommend for ACR please?

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since the tournament is a fast paced turbo you must be aggressive with solid holdings. Building up a stack is vital if you wanna go deep. Blinds and antes will swallow your stack quickly if you aren’t chipping up. Sometimes you have to open ranges and gamble. Table reads are important. Restealng and being aggressive attacking the small stacks and forcing the big stacks to fold to your shoves or big bets is key. Can’t be afraid to shove over the top. Those maniacs in many hands don’t always have it and will fold. Obviously you have to pick the best time to pull the trigger. Table dynamics and reading the play is important to picking off bluffs. Using your stack to win pots is also a key to success. Once you build a stack use it to your advantage against the short stacks. Picking up dead money from the table is important.

T

TossUpKing

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take your $ to cash instead. As previously said, these aren't worth your time..

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since the tournament is a fast paced turbo you must be aggressive with solid holdings. Building up a stack is vital if you wanna go deep. Blinds and antes will swallow your stack quickly if you aren’t chipping up. Sometimes you have to open ranges and gamble. Table reads are important. Restealng and being aggressive attacking the small stacks and forcing the big stacks to fold to your shoves or big bets is key. Can’t be afraid to shove over the top. Those maniacs in many hands don’t always have it and will fold. Obviously you have to pick the best time to pull the trigger. Table dynamics and reading the play is important to picking off bluffs. Using your stack to win pots is also a key to success. Once you build a stack use it to your advantage against the short stacks. Picking up dead money from the table is important.

Cheers for the advice :)

Poker Tips