demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am sure it had happened to all.The most wanted hand AA's at the begging of a tournament.I did 4 bet (hijack) it didn't went well flush or str8 .He called on my bets and to the end he shoved so i folded it ,i didn't want to leave so fast from the table...How do you play it,is it better to shove this hand even at early stage of a game? Even if everyone folds

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would call in heartbeat with one exception, the main event of the wsop, I won't bet 10K on the fist hand.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I am sure it had happened to all.The most wanted hand AA's at the begging of a tournament.I did 4 bet (hijack) it didn't went well flush or str8 .He called on my bets and to the end he shoved so i folded it ,i didn't want to leave so fast from the table...How do you play it,is it better to shove this hand even at early stage of a game? Even if everyone folds
I would have called unless it was a 4 card to flush board , or 4 broadway cards or both.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I might have misread the question as my answer was aimed at preflop all in play. Post flop then I would play the hand normally.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I might have misread the question as my answer was aimed at preflop all in play. Post flop then I would play the hand normalboth preflop
Preflop how do you play them and after if you choose not shove preflop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the early stage of a tournaments stacks are typically around 100BB deep, and ICM is insignificant. So regardless of our starting hand we play pretty much like, we would in a cash game. And yes sometimes AA loses. Thats part of the game. As long as you played the hand well, this does not matter.

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Hi! It depends on what position you are in and how many chips you have if not enough. Let's take an example if you are in early position and get AA and there are 5 players behind you. then be sure to call a pot so that fewer people can watch the flop. under no circumstances push in all the chips. and if only 1 person called, then if the flop is clear. then you can insert all your chips. I definitely consider inspection to be a good solution.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AA play big bet! And then watch the board

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The key part of this question is managing expectations and adjusting, when our relative hand strenght changes significantly. Just because we have AA, does not mean, we have a license to print money. Against a single opponent AA will get cracked around 20% of the time, and the goal in poker is not to win the pot. The goal is to win chips. And for that reason we dont want to just move all-in, when we have the nuts, and chase away most of our action. Unless of course the stack to pot ratio is reasonable for moving all-in, and we would also do it with hands, that are not the nuts.

But apart from such situations the hand is not over, until all 5 cards are dealt, and bad board runouts are just part of the game. Another situation might be, when we flop top set with red jacks on a board with two spades, and then the turn and river bring two more spades. In that situation we also just need to accept, that the nuts have changed significantly, and we no longer have it. If we are in position, and our opponent check to us, we check back and take a cheap showdown. And if we are out of position, we check, and maybe call a small bet to try to catch a bluff. Or we check-fold, if we dont think, our opponent is bluffing enough of the time.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
play big, most times it'l it pay off, just don't try go all in unless deffo confident

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play AA like you would in any stage of the tournament or in any cash game. At least pre flop anyway… Board/ opponent dependant after that. I certainly wouldn’t play them any different just because it’s the start of the tournament

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big raise at start and make them pay for drawing more cards.

sandlax

sandlax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to look around like clint eastwood and then go all-in no matter what happen next if dont in future you will be regreting why you didnt!

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in early tmMTT stages even AA shouldn't be played like make it or break it hand you should have much more fold equity at the start of the game as many will open call wider ranges so even AA shouldn't be over played.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would raise and re-raise pre flop at most I can. At early tournament is a great chance to get a comfortable stack.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If the opponent in front of you raised a significant amount of chips and you know that he usually does not fold after such a raise, you just need to put all-in right away ))

That's exactly what i did in today's $100 freeroll on PS with AA. Villain had a hand of KJ, he called and got straight on the flop Qt9. Such is the game... We should be glad that people are ready to call with such rubbish for a whole stack of about 100BB ))

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to ol'in. Either my stack has doubled or I'm going to take a break.