Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good afternoon friends.
Today I come with a question, which for me has a simple answer ...
But that the other day left me wondering until I made the decision.
You are in the first hand of a tournament, you drop AA and there are 3 players in ALL IN, do you pay or fold your hand?
Cheers.:confused::cool:

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you choose to call in online mode, already come back to the lobby and opens another table to avoid break your mouse, because against three more in the same hand, you will need a little more luck.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol once with my last money just registered 44$bounty first hand AA random guy shoves all in with KK flop K and I was out of the tournament in the first hand with my last money in cashier xD so if you play with your last buy in just fold them xDD

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will call it for sure, but I know that the chance to win is very small, but can not fold aces in any situation pre-flop:D

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always call. The advantages to having a major stack that early in the tournament are way greater than being KO'd.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You’ll be the favourite but you will be less than 50% to win (unless you really lucky and they all have the same hand). All depends on what you want to do. If you want to try and win, then you have to call, 4x your stack right away allows you lots of room to play aggressively and steal a lot. If you are trying to coast to the money for min cash then fold. To be profitable you have to call here. Better to bust out first then play super tight for 4 hours and still not cash.

This happened to me not too long ago, except 2nd hand of tournament and only two all ins. Up against AK and KK and the case K hit on turn. Pissed me off but that’s how it goes.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon friends.
You are in the first hand of a tournament, you drop AA and there are 3 players in ALL IN, do you pay or fold your hand?

In my opinion AA pre-flop is a hand that is impossible to fold, exceptions are rare, but I confess that in a tournament start situation I would be a little insecure, due to the fact that tournament start allins are never to steal pot , since this is very low.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will call it for sure, but I know that the chance to win is very small, but can not fold aces in any situation pre-flop:D

There are situations folding is best option. Most common that comes to mind is a satellite where the top X players all get same prize, your close to bubble and you have a healthy stack and don’t have one of the all ins covered, and there are enough short stacks that you can coast to the prize.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call but I know that AA's are not bullet proof.

G

gillschreck2010

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation like others have said you have to call but be ready to be out. Your odds are not great vs 3 others pre flop.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would go all in, you have the best possible hand, and good if this is not another tournament, but you have a great chance to triple your chips starting, never miss it

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
paid very easy.
why would you fold?

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol
Always a difficult one
But just go allin
You would have the biggest chance of winning

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter what cards other players have you are still favorite with AA so i will call any time. Yesterday i had much tougher decision. I was minutes of play from the bubble and was short stack (around 9BB) but completely enough to get in the money. I got AA from early position and shoved but nobody called. Next hand i got KK, i shoved again, got call and doubled up. If i had folded these hands i would most probably finish with the min cash and calling i got in the money with much healthier stack of around 25 BB. If you follow good bankroll management such solutions are easy with so strong hands. Yes there is some risk but in a long run it is shame to loose value by not playing your strong hands.

The only exceptions for me justifying not to shove with AA or KK (even near bubble) are these:

1. If i qualified via satellite for MTT with much higher buyin than my normal limits so that even the min cash will provide substantial boost of my bankroll.
2. If i am playing satellite and have big enough stack to be sure that i will get to the places giving ticket.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go all in cause I just can't fold AA...lol

Salamoto

Salamoto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon friends.
YOU have to call ALL IN!

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon friends.

There is no good or bad answer here, it depends on the player. It's too good a hand to throw. It’s risky to go all in first hand but that’s the beauty of poker. ;)

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon, friends.
Today I came up with a question to which I have a simple answer ...
But the other day I had a surprise until I made a decision.
You participate in the first hand of the tournament, you fold AA, and in ALL IN 3 players. Do you pay or fold your hand?
Greetings. :confused::cool:

It's hard to drop monsters like AA. If the players went all in first before you, then of course call. Well, if you are the first to bet and there has not yet been all-in from other players. That seems to me better to raise 5BB - 10BB to see the board.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon friends.

If it's pre-flop, then you should definitely be all-in. Post-flop: it's just a pair of aces. Depending on the board texture, you may not want to be all-in.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I would call without thinking twice ... even knowing that on the flop anything can happen and that mathematically there is a percentage of chances (variance) that I will lose my hand ....!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon friends.

a hand does not win a tournament, you will see many pairs of aces after that hand if you survive

A2ub3

A2ub3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA first hand in tournament

IT'S hard to have value with in the begin of the tournament but u shoold played right :)

tagog

tagog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to make a call, with such a hand there are good chances to win

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Part of me thinks that perhaps it depends on the circumstances, I.e. the tournament..

If it's my first ever $10,000 buy in live with a field over 4,000 strong, then I'm probably tanking it a little longer than in a $1.10 PKO on Stars (where I'm snapping btw)...

A few years ago there'd probably be more argument for folding but, these days, there are just too many hyper-LAGs to be folding the nuts pre, I'm almost always calling.

As others have alluded to in their replies above, better to bust out first hand with AA, than grind for hours and bubble on a flip anyway...

2c

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands