A10+ early positions in bounties

Z

ziging

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played bounties on pokerstars in random range from 2.2$ to 16.5$. Ok, obvious awfull bankroll management.
One of biggest problems for me is that I dont know how to play AT+ in early position preflop.
Same situation is with A7-A9 suited.
So many (almost most!!!??) times if I raise 3b-5b a guy on blind call and win me with trash cards. What is worse, he milk me money if I got two overcards after flop and he got already two small pairs.
I duno, am I unlucky or simply play bad. Or bounties are too 'messy' for normal play.
Of course I don't like to play allins with AQ on early positions.
So what strategy with this issue?

Last edited:
G

gofish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A10 offsuit is a mediocre hand you know.. if you're UTG you really should not be 3b-5b with that hand IMO (rarely with most hands as well). That is where you're going wrong.. I would fold A10 off suit when UTG most of the time, unless I know the table is full of donks then I will either limp or min bet.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you don't know how to play them postflop OOP (most likely) and even IP vs blinds then dont open A7-AJ at all from EP. Usually EP open raiser represents very strong range and anyone who calls your raise might have a better ace (and you're dominated) or better holding. As you get more experienced you may open suited aces in some situations. And postflop pay attention to the structure of the board as a lot of them suits caller's range way more then open raiser's and if you keep cbetting on those boards then you are not telling a convincing story. Maybe that's why you lose to "trash hands". And 5bb size is too big in my opinion.

0_5v

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind A 10, but its no reason to raise. Just call, and see who is making a play after the blind, then you have a chance of using the A or 10 to make $.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A10 is a good card, but sometimes it is excellent and there are losses on it, you can make a small raise and see the flop, and then it's worth playing or folding, but for the all-in A10 card is not worth it or in very rare cases

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have a bad history with a10, never won a thing with it

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A10 offsuit is my nemesis... Either I flop huge or dump this one, too many "if-y" spots with this kicker... Late position is great, but up front I am not a huge fan, is anyone really?

paipingprung

paipingprung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always open A-10 six max any position and almost always fold 9 or 10 max ep