9 man SNG $3 ,bubble shove -A7o

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven’t posted in hand analysis as I) not much detail due to lack of software, 2) not worthy!!!

Final 4 players in single table turbo SnG and 4 paid, one monster stack and everyone else short:

Blinds 150/300, 200/400 next hand
CO - 1300
Btn - 1500
SB (hero) - 1700
BB - 9000

These are approximate.

Hero has A7o and shoves, BB calls showing A8o and holds.

Was this shove ok? My logic was: gonna have to shove in next two hands if not this one, had an Ace blocker, can’t sit and wait for others to completely blind out as they had avoided a few times already.

I am aware the Massive stack would call light. He was neither passive or aggressive folding regularly to previous shoves and calling some.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this was a good shove. As you said you have a string hand for heads up as this blind vs blind and you would need to go all in sometime very soon. IMO it would be hard to pass up this spot when you are looking for a spot to shove. I will also add as you probably already know that when the blinds get large like this and you are only 100 or 200 chips ahead of your opponents or opponents you are essentially tied. With the blinds coming so fast in a 4 handed table you have to look at it here like 1300 is the same stack as 1700. It would be different if one was around 800 or less but here the 3 short stacks are essentially the same stack so you should be aggressive when the spot arrives. Good shove, bad luck

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was a good hand to do shove sometimes it is better to pass hands like this to see if any of the other players come out and you can be ITM especially when the chip leader has such a wide advantage but it was a good shove unfortunately there was no luck

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, this was fine. You were not significantly ahead of the ofter two short stacks, so you did not have enough chips to wait them out. Given that situation picking up an ace in the small blind, and it folds around to you, is pretty much as good, as it gets. You are a huge favourite to be ahead, even though this time unfortunately you were not.

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies - really appreciate it. Thought it might have been a daft question as no replies for a bit but my thought process the same as others, not much difference between stacks so no real short stack, we r all the short stacks!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While you're right to tighten up here quite a bit because of the shorter stacks, this shove is still correct. According to ICMizer (with future game simulation on to take into account getting blinded out soon), our range is:

A2+ K7o+ Q9o+ J9o+ T9o

22+

65s+ 86s+ 96s+ T6s+ J6s+ Q5s+ K2s+

I probably wouldn't shove this wide against unknown players assuming they would call too wide here. (They're supposed to tighten to adjust to our own tigher-than-normal range.)

But A7o should be comfortably profitable against most players besides maniacs :)