50$ freeroll 2154 entries, what place?

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I just joined this forum like a month ago, and was my second shot at the 50$ freeroll.
My first try, I wasn’t really intrigued with over 2000 people fighting over a nine dollar first place prize...I was like “WTF!!!” And didn’t even try...
Yesterday I saw the same freeroll and thought to myself,
“Hey, if you can get that 9$, then u have the skill and could turn that 9$ into anything”
So I signed up and sat down. Really fast paced for the first bit, where I made some hands and got paid to where I was holding down 15th place outta 1500 and closing. Made it to first break and entries where down under 1000.
Long story short, made two pair with ace/ten, lost to Broadway. Sad thing was he was drawing the gut shot and called my all in on the turn, rivered a king.
But I did make it to 154th...about to retry in 20 minutes and find the challenge really worth while To make something outta nothing.
So any stories about chasing 9$ outta 2000 people?

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve done it/do it…it’s a long tough game for only a few bucks, but good players make payout regularly and if you get the final table (where a few dollars get paid) you can then turn that into a fortune;)
I’ve won two $109 tickets on 888 this year finishing top 12 out of thousands, and many other deep runs on freerolls👍
Good luck

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The "platinum" freerolls see a more reasonable relation between the pricepool and the number of players. You can apply to become a "platinum" member, when you have made 100 quality posts. A 2.000+ player 50$ freeroll might be an alternative to play money games, but for most people its going to be a waste of their time.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello:hello:.
I constantly play freerolls with an average number (3000-6000) people.They are difficult to win-but you gain experience.Last month I won a satellite in a freeroll - $ 5, then, playing on them, I was able to collect $ 380.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prize is small but really soft and easy to play, if u run pretty good then its not that hard to get final table

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR runs these almost everyday. I find them fun. Just need to
realize it's only slightly better than "play money poker"...