The 5 minute break

S

sotakid80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
live, i like 10 minn per hr of play, if you play 1 hr then a break, 10 minn, if you play 2 hrs, 20 minn. online i think 5 minn per hr is good. i just wish they synced the breaks up so they all happened at the same time. i hate when you play more then one turny and you never get time to relax.

I

itrade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is perfect any longer would make me nuts lol

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See ya 5 & raise ya 2.

Make it 7.

DaBrowner

DaBrowner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is good enough to get things done

A

annvr71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is ok,but you can Always take an extra couple of minutes
every 30 minutes like I do (to smoke a sigaret ).
I Always take the extra break wen the blinds just passed .

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:) a five-minute break and more good could be about 10 minutes because really sometimes not to make the almost nothing with that time but then there are people who think you should not have the range to be able to play more and end the fast tournament

N

nykaktak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minute break it just that that is necessary to those at whom not the laptop and the simple computer) just to descend to put to eat, or to pour coffee)) at me and I can do the laptop to myself it during game, go simply with the laptop to smoke, or to pour coffee) and vooshche having rummaged it it is good, it is possible to manage to look narrowly at opponents, and to analyse nektory draws

gattusoleon

gattusoleon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes for i can go to the bathroom, mo more no less

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the 5 minutes break is sufficient enough.But it also depend on how frequent you use the bathroom.If the break time takes too long it will also extend the tourney times.

N

nykaktak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and in 5 minute reeye it is possible to descend in shop behind cigarettes) when I play poker often I smoke because of nerves))

T

Trickyt57

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There should be an alarm at the end of the break to wake up those who not watching the screen.

L

luchoq10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is perfect to go to the bathroom, or take something to the kitchen, and it isn't long if you don't have to do anything.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes is okay for the first couple of hours but when it gets to 3 hours I would like to see a 15 minute break. It could then go back to 5 minutes with a repeat cycle.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is my longest active thread I have made, this thread was created over a year ago and is still getting comments =)

Way to go me =p

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Well, I'm glad there's a break every hour, but I'd prefer a longer break, maybe 10 minutes. I'm always in a hurry to do everything I want to do during the break in just 5 minutes.

babydrago9

babydrago9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is more than enough. Although if the tournament is scheduled to be more than say 4 hours long, there should be a break for around 15 minutes somewhere in there.
I also think all poker rooms should have the 'I'm ready' feature like merge has, this can remove any argument if any that the 5 minutes is too much, as there will be someone using this 5 minutes until they press the button.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with babydrago9 but i think 3 hours should be 15 minutes like it
1st break 5 minutes
2nd break 5 minutes
3rd break 15 minutes
4th break 5 minutes
5th break 5 minutes
6th break 15 minutes

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I dont want the break. When I`m going pretty well I want to play, not to take a break. In these situations 5 min are pretty long time. If I need the break 5 min never enough.

SittinPerty

SittinPerty

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel that a 5 min break for online poker Mtt's is just fine. It's not like Live Tourneys where everyone is sitting at one table in the same chairs and the same room. When you play online some people are laying down while playing, some watching Tv while playing or in a super Comfy Lazyboy with a Cold one next to them....hahah In other words 5 minute breaks are just fine!! It also depends what ur playing on! Tablet? Labtop? or a desktop.....Desktop being more of a hassle since while on break u cant take it with you just in case ur late returning from break and your dealt AA, KK or QQ on your first hand back from back!!! Sigh!!

Last edited:
Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with babydrago9 but i think 3 hours should be 15 minutes like it
1st break 5 minutes
2nd break 5 minutes
3rd break 15 minutes
4th break 5 minutes
5th break 5 minutes
6th break 15 minutes

It's a great idea.

B

Bazslazs93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its too short, i cant make a sandwick or smoke a cigarette . It's not enough for anything

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely would like a longer break. 10 minutes is good because it gives you time to fix a snack and smoke.