4 minute levels fair play

JOINMYTABLE

JOINMYTABLE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Cards,

I got one question, just curious about how do you handle 4/5 minute level blind sturcture MTTs?

any advice appriciated.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I admit I hate these type of tournaments. The one thing you must be careful of it the blind levels and how fast they grow. When you are card dead you can easily fold you way into being a very short stack quickly. Also hand values you will want to play and go to the river with for large pots wont be as strong for you much quicker.

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate these types of tournaments. Any turbo style tournaments encourage stupid aggressive plays over strategic play for the most part. If you play this, you need to play more aggressively and watch your M. Don’t wait too long to shove, otherwise doubling your chips will mean little in your probability to win.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing tight is always the best option .....! but with some marginal hands!

:ciao:

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are 4/5min Turbo or hyper Turbo?

there is a thread About hyper Turbos:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/how-do-you-play-hyper-turbo-436783/

I really like playing Turbos because you can exploit those nitty Players by constantly putting pressure on them.
I Play the 45man Turbo SnG very often.
the later stages are usally push or fold because the chip average is around 10bb. on the final table you hardly see anyone with more than 30bb

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study push-fold charts and get ready for some very high variance.

A

Aslama01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbos are fun, but as mentioned also high variance. You are looking to get it in as mu h as you can with the best, but the levels make it a bit harder. In the beginning play small ball and try to get it in when you hit. Everyone else is trying to get a stack early as well, so you can play a lot for a little and smash when you hit hard. Once the stacks aren't as deep, it gets pretty shove-foldy. WATCH who is being aggressive and who is sitting back. Play into this. And DONT be afraid to get it in against someone putting a lot of hands in. If you can, try to resteal from them. This will help to make you less of a target if he realizes you're willing to "Stan Ground".

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In tournaments with such a structure, at the beginning I play like a regular MTT, but if the stack becomes 10 bb or lower then I start playing push fold. If this is a freeroll in which several thousand people take part, then I play push fold from the first levels. And if this is a buy-in tournament, then I play more seriously and at the beginning of the game I’m not in a hurry to go to the all inn.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
all in or fold and whatever happens :adore::call::ridinghorhakuna matata, but if generally speaking, it's very difficult to win this tournament for me personally:damnmate:

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These types of structures benefit the house more than anyone else. I view these as almost like a pull at a slot machine.

They can be fun to play because there's a chance at a little payday, but not because you played the best. Your play is a factor, but a much smaller factor than you probably think it is.

If you're going to play these with money, my advice would be...
-Keep it small stakes and/or money that you have earmarked as "gambling/doesn't matter money".
-Wait just long enough for a hand that you can feel like you are going to get it in good (then get it in). You and your opponents are probably going to be looking to play for stacks more often.
-Psychology prepare yourself for big swings and quick exits.

Tip for playing...
-Positional awareness isn't as important when compared to a standard game. Not unimportant, just somewhat less important.
-Pre-flop decisions are more important. (There are fewer post-flop decisions to make in general and most of those will have already have SPR factors baked-in)
-Big cards go up in value (especially Ax, Kx and pairs) and connectors go down.
-Draws will call more often. Plenty of folks will consider any draw with 4 or more outs a calling hand regardless, because you have to accumulate. ...And you kinda do need to keep accumulating.