3 BET in TOURNY's,Does it Work Anymore

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early years of Online tournament's 3 betting was a game winning strategty,
The game has progressed,and changed since,, with the faster turbo's,Hypers now being the main games of choice
Knowing you need to open raise to enter a pot.. what are your thoughts proceeding after being called ??,or what's your play and thoughts when someone just opens with a min/raise ??
Does anyone ever get tired of all the many maniac's that just always Shove All-In ??? after your'e 2-3X Open/raise
I love the game of poker but scratch my head alot anymore!!.. trying to tell myself is it really worth playing when ur always put in a position of calling a all-in or Folding,,

WHAT'S THE POINT !!!!!!!!!!!! or PURPOSE ?????! MAYBE SOME MEMBERS CAN HELP EXPLAIN THIS MORE BEFORE I LOSE ITT !!!

Last edited:
chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I;m from the older school,of online line and have watched online grow from it's beginning and was totally caught up in it after moneymaker hit it big
I started online and was winning alot playing and enjoyed the time playing
I still very much enjoy playing from the comfort at home ,but really get annoyed from the shove it ,no thought ,no cards, get lucky player's hoping to reach a big stack in the early stages, they have no skill, maybe to many $$
and lose later on in the game,
LOL Blowing my top off,Frustrated:eek::eek::eek:

G

Gerb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, shoving and hoping to get lucky should be a self-correcting phenomenon. If you find yourself getting shoved on often, Get super tight and learn the best way to induce shoves at your buy in level, and you should be ahead of the game. It may be frustrating, but it's one of the most exploitable points of the game.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not customary to talk about poker forums, but ... Changes in poker are not a consequence of the development of the game itself. Tournament grid is formed not by players, but by poker rooms. Not the players, but the poker rooms offer more and more fast formats, more like a lottery, not poker ...

What to do? You have to play with a better card. Make your 3-bet, but be prepared to take a bet in the All-In.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hypers are and always will be shove or fold fests. just the nature of short stack play and fast blind levels.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play turbos. Problem solved:)

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level