2 pairs on turn - bet or check

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was live session, buy-in 5$, re-buy on first 3 levels, one add-on before level 4.

21 players left, 8 of them on my table, I had ~22BB stack, blinds were 400/800 and ante was 150.
I was on HJ and everyone folded to me and I looked at QJo and raised first in 2000, BTN called, blinds folded.
Flop: Qd6s7s.
I bet half of the pot and BTN called
Turn : Jc
What would you do in this scenario? The pot is already larger than my stack and there is no way I fold my two pairs. One option is to immediately push(which I have done), but what about other options?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have push all in as well here. You could have checked to encourage him to bluff all in but he may not do this if he is just on a draw or a smaller paid like the 6 or 7 and even if he has a Queen with a smaller kicked me may just check behind as well. You could try a smaller bet but he may see this for a hand of strength. I think at this point shoving is really the best option and checking to call his all in or shoving on a bet as the 2nd best option.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The drawing hand depends largely on the style of game opponent and the situation. If your opponent is aggressive, it will be nice to play check-call or check-raise.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would never let my opponent see a free card here. Shove is the way to go.

S

swanet83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt let him see a free card either so I would go all in its the right call most of the time if my stack was bigger I could think about check-call but in this situation thats not an option for me

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on many factors, :) not am suggesting about the decision you have to make it yourself .....

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
push on turn is good play:jd4::cool:

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your leg is broken. Let's buy a stethoscope, and then think about how it will help us.
On the turn you got into a classic situation in which its not clear where we are. Professionals advise folding in such situations =)))
Probably I’m too tight, but with a stack of less than 22bb I’ll open only those hands that I’m ready to play on the stack. This hand is no good.
I think you made a mistake preflop. What is the stack on BTN, in the blinds? Can I get re-push or 3bet?

You probably won this hand, but you put yourself in a situation in which you dont know how to play. Here is something to think about it=))

Good luck

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point, you can't place him on a set, so he might have a draw or lower two pair. How big is his stack? You have to bet because he may be fishing. You are pot committed, but is he?

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think check-raise also would be appropriate to make a big pot but I think the push on the turn was better and more safety.

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was live session, buy-in 5$, re-buy on first 3 levels, one add-on before level 4.

21 players left, 8 of them on my table, I had ~22BB stack, blinds were 400/800 and ante was 150.
I was on HJ and everyone folded to me and I looked at QJo and raised first in 2000, BTN called, blinds folded.
What would you do in this scenario? The pot is already larger than my stack and there is no way I fold my two pairs. One option is to immediately push(which I have done), but what about other options?

I’d bet 2/3 the pot, assuming he would have AQ, KQ or a flush/straight draw, making him pay to see the river. All in is definitely an option at this point. 2/3 the pot is what I would do though, in this situation. Let me know what you think.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hi, after you have made the decision not to fold no matter what movement your opponent makes, I would make a bet of 1/2 pot after the turn and it is very simple if the opponent raises no matter since you decided play those 2 pairs and if he only calls you give value to your hand.

Greetings

Last edited:
Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Push and take the pot !

A free card could fill in a straight for your opponent.

Good luck !

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would bet all in too, if u check he could be tight and check to so you lose many chips

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Push sounds like a reasonable play here , will win you most money on long run ;)

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
according to my calculations your shove is only 1/3rd of the pot of 22bb for a 7 bb "shove"

he gonna call you with top top and even a draw so to me jam