Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
59th out of 4000+ .. so confused this hand

HJ limps, SB limps, BB rips 28bb with QQ

HJ (50bb) calls, SB (37bb) folds

King on the turn

WTF.. 1st place was $930

Am I supposed to raise 3-5x bb preflop instead?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're saying you were in the BB w/ QQ and you shoved with 28 BB, that does seem a little over the top. Not that it's wrong, just a little unexpected. Some people feel it's their God given duty to police the tables, so when you do something unexpected they feel the need to be strong in the face of adversity.

Personally I'd be throwing my K4 in the muck, but that's just me.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was bad shove on my part I realized

If I raised 3-5xbb preflop, different play and outcome

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The shove at 28bbs is bad, you do not want to steal bbs that way, you isolate yourself against hands that you will lose, KK + and AKs.
I prefer ROL to 3.5/4.5

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the image of the big blind is looser and with a much wider range. Perhaps opponent would have imagined your move as a wide steal. Also the AK is lurking sometimes in those early open limps and they always want to see the cards (especially from big stacks that are preserving their stack)
It’s almost like shoving in that spot forces someone else to call with a hand that can beat QQ’s (loosing sometimes too :))
In an ideal world, deep in the tournament.....I’d rather a 72 I can fold easily than a tricky hand like this one.

I think it’s also even more complex of a hand because if you were to re-raise accordingly, you would be facing an opponent that has you totally covered and and even wider range than your stack would allow you to play yourself, making a very tough decision if he were to 3-bet you with a hand like Mattryder’s K4.

Im finding it very interesting the places where complicated folds like this occur.
Folding sets, straights, AKo and below.

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first, it was necessary to increase to 5-6 BB on the preflop. then you can play postflop correctly. well if the opponent went all in on the preflop then call