ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
45th in chips, 70 remaining

HJ min raise (27bb eff)

CO 3bet jam 21bb

Do you call all in or fold here with AQo in the big blind? 700k behind, avg 920k

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decisions on these spots may differ from player to player, some people would risk their stack a lot and try to reach final table with those risk takings,
some player would player with less risk and would try to win maximum amount according to their stack,
But from the mathematical side:
We can put the CO on this range: TT+,AJs+,AQo+
You Have just 28% chance to win that range with AQo

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold in my opinion. If opponent is regular player, he have more better hands in his range, his AJ and worse pairs are the best what you could see

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold. Probably the best situation you would find is a coin flip. Rarely it will AJ or worst. I would wait a better situation to double up.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on my read on the 2 players involved I would be more inclined to call a positional battle here. I find myself against KQ or AJ here quite a bit. You're really only dominated by 4 hands and are flipping against the others. You have to be willing to race to win tournaments. I think this is a spot where we are flipping more often than not.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
45th in chips, 70 remaining

HJ min raise (27bb eff)

CO 3bet jam 21bb

Do you call all in or fold here with AQo in the big blind? 700k behind, avg 920k

I've been in this situation so many times the last few days. I tested out both a call and a fold in this spot. AQo looks like such a strong hand, when in actuality, it's a good hand....but not a made hand. When you're facing a 3bet and a min open, you know that you're facing a pair at the minimum. The other player is likely to have an A or Q which will reduce your equity. With 700k in your stack, there is a much better spot to shove.

What separates the good from the great, is being able to recognize these spots and being able to fold those holdings. I was watching Gripsed (Evan) on twitch, and he should us one of those spots where that is the correct play. For him, it was AK, and he found a fold. Patience wins in the long run.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
more info. please because 'it depends' (& fwiw, I disagree with most of the responses so far)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are playing on ACR, where HUDs are allowed, and in a spot like this HUD-data would be really usefull. If CO is a tight player or an unknown, I dont mind "waiting for a better spot", but if CO is a LAG or maniac, AQo is to strong to fold for 20 BB.