10 placed paid. Wondering what happen if 11 holding

F

Fair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the near end of tournament, someone just hold their hand and wait for others play. Take higher prize easily, Fair?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please try to use Google translate maybe, & give a more detailed question to receive an answer?

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends because some sites hold at the money bubble and don't let the next hand go forward without all tables done that hand

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the near end of tournament, someone just hold their hand and wait for others play. Take higher prize easily, Fair?

Most sites have hand for hand play in this situations, so it is not worthy at all, as the blinds go up and you can look at less hands. By the way, I recognized it in hand for hand phase, too. Annoying, but do not see any point. In the money or FT bubble by some of the short-stacks it is normal, you can see it everywhere, it is not about fair or not. You got that few seconds + usually 1-2 minutes extra time for thinking, you can use it anytime.

Otherwise, at the beginning in a tourney the first target for me reaching the money, then - depends on stack size - usually reaching the FT and top 3. Don't really see the point in the question, it is part of the online poker. That's it.

Please try to use Google translate maybe, & give a more detailed question to receive an answer?

Please, forget the gg translate, as it gives similar 'translate', I guess your mother language is English, so you never faced what 'translate' you get from gg. Do not mention the misinterpreted expression, sometimes even words, what I believe, by purpose, as many other nationalities experienced the same. There are plenty dictonaries out there, some of them pretty good, not only for words, use those and take a bit time, at least you will pick up some language knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most poker sites implement hand for hand play on the bubble of a multitable tournament, and in that way nobody can gain an advantage by playing slow AKA "stalling". Of course you can still stall before hand for hand like, if there are 12 left and 10 places pay, and some players might be annoyed by this. But if people are short on time, then why are they even playing MTTs? Most poker sites also offer STTs or cash games for those, who are in a rush. So yes to me this is completely fair. The time bank is there for people to use in whatever way, they want, and everyone has the same amount of time.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since the tournaments I've played and hand for hand in this situation I haven't done it since you don't achieve anything. In tournaments where they pay let's say the first 40 players, usually it's not hand for hand so I definitely done it. I know it is annoying for other players but it is your time and if you're short stacked and getting eating by the blinds, you have to do it in order to get in the money. Once I did this and made it at the last second before the ante took what I had left lol

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

It is difficult to answer, but any victory is not an easy task. If you find it difficult to win as an option, you may not play at all.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please, forget the gg translate, as it gives similar 'translate', I guess your mother language is English, so you never faced what 'translate' you get from gg. Do not mention the misinterpreted expression, sometimes even words, what I believe, by purpose, as many other nationalities experienced the same. There are plenty dictonaries out there, some of them pretty good, not only for words, use those and take a bit time, at least you will pick up some language knowledge.

Hey man,
You wrote quite a lot there :) Sorry if I offended, didn't mean any, was seriously advising you to try Google translate for precisely the same reason you were alluding to in your reply.
In general, I thought I got the gist of your question but it sounds rhetorical! so I was just checking

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is unclear whether the OP is talking about folding into the money or running out the clock. It seems some are thinking it is running out the clock and are focusing on hand for hand play.

When I first read it, I thought the OP was asking about folding into the money. I was wondering if the OP will clarify please.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its actually important to have hand for hand in the system. But sometimes if I need a spot in money or especially in tickets badly and standing close to the danger zone, I'm starting to use my timebank before the hand for hand. It means, if there 're 10 spots to fill, and there are 13 players still in but you are around 7-8th places, you can make yourself some extra time maybe the bubble will narrow.
I don't think that's fair or it is inconnection with conscience, it is just required. Just like when you are going with medium or pretty week combinations as a big stack against a small one, at least you have the power and right to do it, it can be required as time goes on to do it.

F

Fair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for unclear question

Im Vietnamese, not good at english, sorry for my confusing message.
1. Online tournament with BB increase rapidly,
folding for money with enough stack can be understand
But
2. In final table, as i saw in the video, BB can not defeat player. Someone with small stack just take seat, never go in, just observe others with beautiful hand come to battle. Then others eliminated, they get 3rd position without any effort.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bubble pop stage is the most tense one, yeah tanking is a option that raises your chances by a little bit, but i rather lose that small edge for the sake of game flow

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have to wait, but without sacrificing the tournament.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Most games have hand for hand play at bubble place or a few places just before itm spot and have hand for hand play at final table bubble ie with 10 left for a 9 max game. That way there is no advantage for one table playing slower than the other.

However in between those hand for hand times or at a final there are other pay jumps. You can absolutely run the clock or play very passively to ladder up pay jump. At a final table if someone gets hot you can just sit back and watch them knock out players and make you free money. When on a final table I am always cheering on other people to kill each other especially if I am short stacked.