Can you let go

F

FramCire

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you envision a time you fold a full house on the flop or turn where you use both your cards??

In a tourney I saw a guy on my left call the blind and 3 others limp in. The flop was JJ2. A small bet from the guy next to me was called by 1 player. The turn was a blank and there was a flurry of betting.

2 players were all in. 1 player had 22 and was drawing dead on the flop.

Anyone see any reason he shouldn't have gone all in. He actually didn't seem happy with his play but how could you blame him. You could say he should have pushed harder on the flop but he was out flopped, so it really didn't matter.

PS If you dont know what the other player had, remember he was drawing dead on the flop and the other player was not in the big blind and is not a donkey. (hint she didnt have J2)

Slimtobi

Slimtobi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you cant blame the guy going broke with his fullhouse. His oponent could easily hold every combination with a jack, like J 10, an overpair (poor preflop play) or even a lower pocketpair like 99, putting the other guy on overcards. It really depends on the read one has on him.

Obviously the other guy had pocket Jacks and still you say hes not a donkey. A guy who limps with this hand is definately a weak player. For me thats a donkey!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you envision a time you fold a full house on the flop or turn where you use both your cards??

In a tourney I saw a guy on my left call the blind and 3 others limp in. The flop was JJ2. A small bet from the guy next to me was called by 1 player. The turn was a blank and there was a flurry of betting.

2 players were all in. 1 player had 22 and was drawing dead on the flop.

Anyone see any reason he shouldn't have gone all in. He actually didn't seem happy with his play but how could you blame him. You could say he should have pushed harder on the flop but he was out flopped, so it really didn't matter.

PS If you dont know what the other player had, remember he was drawing dead on the flop and the other player was not in the big blind and is not a donkey. (hint she didnt have J2)

According to what you describe, the only hand to worry about would be JJ in the hole. You have described an incomplete hand for asking this question, I suggest getting a HH, or spend more time making a complete puzzle, with all the necessary clues. Player types as of that hand would be considered a clue, as would stack sizes, positions, maybe even what brand of pomade the villain is using.

To answer your question, I have folded an underboat to what I believed was an overboat. Oddly, I have been right more often than wrong. It is not easy.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was this live, or online? And if it was live, did the card room have a bad beat jackpot for full house or better? If it did, it explains a lot

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds like it's live. I've dropped boats before, but only because it was bubble time and I had a good read. Never did find out if I was right. But I won they tourney anyway, so I'm fine with it. lol

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've folded a low boat in Omaha before being pretty sure that I was beat... but the situation comes up a lot more in Omaha

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a guy who folded a boat to a flush.:)

Hope he gets back to the boards soon.