Can You Be That Stupid??

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #16310574484: Tournament #81835317, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2008/03/28 - 11:31:48 (ET)
Table '81835317 780' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Daz75 (6805 in chips)
Seat 2: SirGero (730 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 3: mésange76 (9405 in chips)
Seat 4: IAMSELF (2465 in chips)
Seat 5: DocPat78 (2575 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: deli yürek33 (750 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: soonerhorn (780 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: ravens21136 (1685 in chips)
Seat 9: TheseNutsWin(1650 in chips)
SirGero: posts small blind 50
mésange76: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TheseNutsWin[Jh Ad]
IAMSELF: folds
DocPat78: folds
deli yürek33: folds
soonerhorn: folds
ravens21136: calls 100
TheseNutsWin: raises 200 to 300
Daz75: calls 300
SirGero: folds
mésange76: folds
ravens21136: folds
*** FLOP *** [Jd 9c As]
TheseNutsWin: checks
Daz75: checks
*** TURN *** [Jd 9c As] [Kh]
TheseNutsWin: bets 200
Daz75: calls 200
*** RIVER *** [Jd 9c As Kh] [Qc]
TheseNutsWin: checks
Daz75: bets 1200
TheseNutsWin: calls 1150 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Daz75: shows [Ts 6s] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
TheseNutsWin: shows [Jh Ad] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
Daz75 collected 3550 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3550 | Rake 0
Board [Jd 9c As Kh Qc]
Seat 1: Daz75 (button) showed [Ts 6s] and won (3550) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Seat 2: SirGero (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: mésange76 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: IAMSELF folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: DocPat78 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: deli yürek33 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: soonerhorn folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: ravens21136 folded before Flop
Seat 9: TheseNutsWinshowed [Jh Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Jacks

WHY!!!! Do I make such stupid mistakes????? I tried to slow play my 2 pairs to get more chips and ended up giving him a win... what was i thinking!!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh good I thought you were going to call villain stupid which would be somewhat ironic seeing as you did indeed misplay every street (well, preflop is okay). :p

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TNW, we've all done it man. Just be glad this was a freeroll and didn't cost you anything. Consider it a free lesson. The fact that you realize that this was played badly means you are learning and are improving. Keep analyzing your play like this and it will be easier to keep from repeating these mistakes.

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, so help me here how would you have played it. How do you get a calling station/idiot off a hand. My latest example was in a $1.00 sng on stars this morning. First hand folded to me I raised to 120 with AJ suited. BB called flop came AJ2 rainbow. Raised to 300, raised to 500, went all in. He turns 23 off suit. next two cards 2,3 for the full house. I was simply incredulous. Anyway any suggestions.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a freeroll in the early levels, hard to say what villain would have done with other bets on the flop and turn. I've had my flopped 2 pair cracked many times by chasers online.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, so help me here how would you have played it. How do you get a calling station/idiot off a hand. My latest example was in a $1.00 sng on stars this morning. First hand folded to me I raised to 120 with AJ suited. BB called flop came AJ2 rainbow. Raised to 300, raised to 500, went all in. He turns 23 off suit. next two cards 2,3 for the full house. I was simply incredulous. Anyway any suggestions.

Suggestions to absolutely avoid this? Stop playing poker.

This kind of play seems to happen most frequently online, but there are players out there who have no further interest in poker than - getting lucky - and they do. As long as a player has chips and a chair, they can play them any way they choose - and they do that too.

The re-raises on the flop may also have been a bit overplayed. Going all-in on the flop is something I (personally) would not have done. Inviting disaster since many players will see any reasonable flop with any pocket pair, hoping to hit trips - and they hit those too.

In this case, villain was just playing bet and pray poker. No way to get that kind of player to fold a hand he is determined to play.

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not expect to see T6, but when he put me all in i kind of figured he might be bluffing, my mistake he wasnt. haha I just figured that because he was playing way too many hands and pretty loose so i tried. But still I`ve made few mistakes and I guess i`ll try to learn from that... Another reason why I should not try to slow play unless i`m pretty much a good experienced player or its obvious I have the NUTS...

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In answer to your original question, my emphatic answer is yes, I can.

Only moments ago, I limped from the sb with 9T, bb minraises me, I call.
Flop is KT9, yahoo!, I kit pretty damn big! BB was chip leader and more than a little aggressive so I figured I could double up.

I check, he raises, I shove!

He shows the KK and the turn shows the case K.

What can ya do, WHAT CAAAAAN YA DO ?????

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaa.. glad to see i`m not the only one.. lol..

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You can't be worried about the results for this particular hand. You're going to win this hand 9 times out of 10 on average, and over time you will make a lot of profit off someone willing to call you down with bottom pair.

It's frustrating when it happens and you lose, but you ultimately want to get into situations like this when you have the best of it and someone is willing to gamble.

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so here's my question.. What would be the best choice..

a) Bigger raise pre-flop
b) continuation bet on the flop
c) bigger raise on the turn

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

a) Bigger raise pre-flop
a) No, the preflop bet was fine.
b) Definitely
c) With the proper sized bet on flop, there should be no need for a turn bet, but if you do make it to the turn, bet it hard.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a) With a limper in front of me, I'm raising to 400 here.
b) Continuation bet of 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot on the flop.
c) If it gets to the turn, and they are still in, I doubt you will get them out - not much you can do.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

a) Bigger raise pre-flop

preflop raise was alright. Definitely c-bet the flop. Just don't slow play 2 pair, unless you are vs a hyper aggressive player. Then on the turn you should shove...if he is holding QT there is nothing you can do, and if he calls on a gut shot straight draw again there is nothing you can do if he sucks out. So yea, if this hand is played correctly and the donk calls you get stacked.

However, as played, you should have folded the river. Players like that don't check/call to the river, then try and bluff. If he is going all in, chances are he has a T in vast majority of cases.