WTF?????

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok am i stupid or did this guy got lucky with a bad call?? would you guys call with 43o from a SB a 4xBB raise from a CO seat?????? i`m tired of these 1$ tourneys.. I think i need to start playing $5 or something.... why do these people always get LUCKY ?>?

pokerstars Game #17179659993: Tournament #86967481, $1.00+$0.10 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/05/03 - 18:11:42 (ET)
Table '86967481 144' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: RayMel008 (2890 in chips)
Seat 2: pth2000111 (1920 in chips)
Seat 3: COKeefe88 (1700 in chips)
Seat 4: PopnDrop (1320 in chips)
Seat 5: Pablo651 (1350 in chips)
Seat 6: CALLMAN (1140 in chips)
Seat 7: BOWLINGNINJA (1660 in chips)
Seat 8: gskowal (1480 in chips)
Seat 9: Chroniclogic (1490 in chips)
RayMel008: posts small blind 10
pth2000111: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to gskowal [Ad Jd]
COKeefe88: folds
PopnDrop: folds
Pablo651: folds
CALLMAN: folds
BOWLINGNINJA: folds
gskowal: raises 60 to 80
Chroniclogic: folds
RayMel008: calls 70
pth2000111: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [Ac 3d 3h]
RayMel008: checks
pth2000111: checks
gskowal: bets 100
RayMel008: raises 100 to 200
pth2000111: folds
gskowal: calls 100
*** TURN *** [Ac 3d 3h] [4d]
gskowal: bets 300
RayMel008: raises 300 to 600
gskowal: calls 300
*** RIVER *** [Ac 3d 3h 4d] [Kc]
RayMel008: bets 600
gskowal: calls 600 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RayMel008: shows [4h 3s] (a full house, Threes full of Fours)
gskowal: shows [Ad Jd] (two pair, Aces and Threes)
RayMel008 collected 3040 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3040 | Rake 0
Board [Ac 3d 3h 4d Kc]
Seat 1: RayMel008 (small blind) showed [4h 3s] and won (3040) with a full house, Threes full of Fours
Seat 2: pth2000111 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: COKeefe88 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: PopnDrop folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Pablo651 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: CALLMAN folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: BOWLINGNINJA folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: gskowal showed [Ad Jd] and lost with two pair, Aces and Threes
Seat 9: Chroniclogic (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok am i stupid or did this guy got lucky with a bad call?? would you guys call with 43o from a SB a 4xBB raise from a CO seat?????? i`m tired of these 1$ tourneys.. I think i need to start playing $5 or something.... why do these people always get LUCKY ?>?
No need to move up. You just need to adapt.

Now you know certain donks at this level won't fold 43o for 4x BB early tourney. So try now 5x. If that doesn't work, try 6x. And etc., etc. Then if you get too many folds, back it down again. No need to fight it. Just adapt.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mr. s.. you do realize that it's not a bad thing if a player who is likely not good postflop wants to play a raised pot with us out of position with 4 high vs our AJs, right? you sound like you're anxious to raise an amount where all junk folds and you mostly get action from better hands

every time he calls in this spot it's +EV for us. he has small implied odds because our hand isn't even made yet and we have position.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much what combu said.

It's great when people do this, and we want them to keep doing it. Just make a note that this player will call you OOP with garbage before the flop and play them appropriately in the future.

Pretty sure this belongs in the bad beats section, BTW - not much analysis to be had when you post the results.

Hookt4eva

Hookt4eva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
opps

Your raise was weak even though it was 4x , with his chips to see a flop for 80 is a no brainer,yeah he got lucky on the flop sometime you got2 value ur cards/hand a bit hi-er than the blinds cal for
good try just adjust your position.:deal:

S

sliver101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u seem to be complaining idiots will play junk against ur good hands discuss lol

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm not sure you want to move up. You fell into a trap and villain milked you for the farm. As to being 'stupid', that's something only YOU can decide.

It was the first few hands and villain had already done an all-in, and won (see his stack - double anyone else's). << Warning sign 1. No surprise that an early all-inner would call a small raise (less than 3% of his stack) to see a flop. << Warning sign 2. (I think Sammy Farha and a ton of pros who see cheap flops would have made that call) You flopped your A to pair with a decent kicker, that's all. You were also facing a paired board. << Warning sign 3. You bet your 2 pair and got a raise (the trap is set). Villain gave you a chance to fold. << Warning sign 4. Turn gave villain his boat and you bet into it (your hand did not improve except for the ever-tempting flush draw) and drew a raise. << Warning sign 5. The river gave you a blank and villain sprung the trap not wanting to give you a chance to check/lose. << Warning sign 6. You missed them ALL. WAY too many hands had your 2 pair beat. Just couldn't bear to fold them, eh ??

Your A's and 3's were beat by an AK, AQ, A4, A3 or any 3x. Your only outs were a river Ace or a diamond and they weren't there. My opinion - you overvalued and overplayed your 'monster' AJ(sooooted). You bet the farm chasing that elusive nut flush - which would STILL have been a losing hand, and a true bad beat. Even with an Ace on the river you could have lost to an A,4.

Should you chase a nut flush facing a paired board? Guess that's a topic for another thread. Did villain get 'lucky' - yes. With a 'bad call' - not really (imo). THAT is what 'flops' are all about. SEEING what is next.

Trap set, baited, and sprung. Better 'luck' next time ...

C

confuzd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with nevadanik

Your raise was weak and he has you covered easily. Seeing a cheap flop with connectors is a play that a lot will do. He seemed to be on a bit of a roll with the chip stack that he had so I would say that you should have given him some respect with his betting.

Just my 2 cents

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mr. s.. you do realize that it's not a bad thing if a player who is likely not good postflop wants to play a raised pot with us out of position with 4 high vs our AJs, right? you sound like you're anxious to raise an amount where all junk folds and you mostly get action from better hands

every time he calls in this spot it's +EV for us. he has small implied odds because our hand isn't even made yet and we have position.
Of course, I realize this. But getting more than one caller weakens the strength of his less-than solid AJ or like hand. Raising just a little more has a bigger chance of going heads-up to the flop AND makes the pot big enough to warrant continuing past the flop.

If he gets 2 or more callers every time he 4x raises, he might as well just limp and dump if he doesn't hit the flop. It's easier to get one player to fold after the flop than 2 or more.

(I'm meaning this towards $2 or less SNG's and micro stakes rings. It's different at $5 and up, IMO. And it's purely from experience. I don't claim to be an expert, so I very well could be wrong.)

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok am i stupid or did this guy got lucky with a bad call?? would you guys call with 43o from a SB a 4xBB raise from a CO seat?????? i`m tired of these 1$ tourneys....

they got lucky, with a wonky call, not a good HH to discuss considering the situation....

Well now, stop playing the $1 mtt donkfests, and forget the higher stakes.

To play them, you need some experience, like get good at play money low stakes mtt sit-n-gos. Seriously. If you can't beat the 'kiddie pool', little or 'know' (lol, hehe, cackle-cackle..) chance at low stakes mtt. Virtually the same thing.

Hint: If you think you are good player, play these donkfests, play your game and allow others to make big mistakes, see how you do. You will get unlucky, but so will the other idiots, at a much higher rate than you...

M

MitchellC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is an easy call by the SB in that situation.
It is early in the event since the blinds are so low.
The SB has been doing well as evidenced by his chip lead at the table.
He is risking only a few chips to possibly win a big pot.

One of the the things I've read to improve cashing in a no limit tourneys is to put at least 20% of your stack at risk in the early rounds. The reason is that you can build a big chip stack if you get lucky, and the object of the game is to win not survive.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

PokerStars Game #17179659993: Tournament #86967481, $1.00+$0.10 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/05/03 - 18:11:42 (ET)
Table '86967481 144' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: RayMel008 (2890 in chips)
Seat 2: pth2000111 (1920 in chips)
Seat 3: COKeefe88 (1700 in chips)
Seat 4: PopnDrop (1320 in chips)
Seat 5: Pablo651 (1350 in chips)
Seat 6: CALLMAN (1140 in chips)
Seat 7: BOWLINGNINJA (1660 in chips)
Seat 8: gskowal (1480 in chips)
Seat 9: Chroniclogic (1490 in chips)
RayMel008: posts small blind 10
pth2000111: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to gskowal [Ad Jd]
COKeefe88: folds
PopnDrop: folds
Pablo651: folds
CALLMAN: folds
BOWLINGNINJA: folds
gskowal: raises 60 to 80
Chroniclogic: folds
RayMel008: calls 70
pth2000111: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [Ac 3d 3h]
pth2000111: checks
gskowal: bets 100
RayMel008: raises 100 to 200
pth2000111: folds
gskowal: calls 100
*** TURN *** [Ac 3d 3h] 4♦
gskowal: bets 300
RayMel008: raises 300 to 600
gskowal: calls 300
*** RIVER *** [Ac 3d 3h 4d] K♣
RayMel008: bets 600
gskowal: calls 600 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RayMel008: shows [4h 3s] (a full house, Threes full of Fours)
gskowal: shows [Ad Jd] (two pair, Aces and Threes)
RayMel008 collected 3040 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3040 | Rake 0
Board [Ac 3d 3h 4d Kc]
Seat 1: RayMel008 (small blind) showed [4h 3s] and won (3040) with a full house, Threes full of Fours
Seat 2: pth2000111 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: COKeefe88 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: PopnDrop folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Pablo651 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: CALLMAN folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: BOWLINGNINJA folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: gskowal showed [Ad Jd] and lost with two pair, Aces and Threes
Seat 9: Chroniclogic (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
My question to you is this, after the flop bet and the turn bet by villian, what made you think your 2 pr was any good when faced with a paired board? AA, AK, KK, QQ, AQ, 3x all have you beat on the flop, the c-bet on the flop was fine but the raise by villian should have set off some alarms and the raise by villian on the turn should have made this an easy laydown.
You should not move up levels until you learn some discipline.
I had the same problem that you are having with these levels but I had come to realize that these same players will help me in the long run and all you can do now is live and learn.
On the same note about discipline let me give you an example: You're in a tourney in LP and get a few limpers and one raiser, you look down to see AA and put out a large reraise and get called by original raiser, flop comes Q-J-T and FTA pushes all-in which would put you out of the tourney, you have to lay this down unless you know without a shadow of a doubt that villian isn't holding AK, QQ, JJ, TT because if this type of scenario is an insta-call for you then you have some holes to fill in your game.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure you want to move up. You fell into a trap and villain milked you for the farm. As to being 'stupid', that's something only YOU can decide.

It was the first few hands and villain had already done an all-in, and won (see his stack - double anyone else's). << Warning sign 1. No surprise that an early all-inner would call a small raise (less than 3% of his stack) to see a flop. << Warning sign 2. (I think Sammy Farha and a ton of pros who see cheap flops would have made that call) You flopped your A to pair with a decent kicker, that's all. You were also facing a paired board. << Warning sign 3. You bet your 2 pair and got a raise (the trap is set). Villain gave you a chance to fold. << Warning sign 4. Turn gave villain his boat and you bet into it (your hand did not improve except for the ever-tempting flush draw) and drew a raise. << Warning sign 5. The river gave you a blank and villain sprung the trap not wanting to give you a chance to check/lose. << Warning sign 6. You missed them ALL. WAY too many hands had your 2 pair beat. Just couldn't bear to fold them, eh ??

Your A's and 3's were beat by an AK, AQ, A4, A3 or any 3x. Your only outs were a river Ace or a diamond and they weren't there. My opinion - you overvalued and overplayed your 'monster' AJ(sooooted). You bet the farm chasing that elusive nut flush - which would STILL have been a losing hand, and a true bad beat. Even with an Ace on the river you could have lost to an A,4.

Should you chase a nut flush facing a paired board? Guess that's a topic for another thread. Did villain get 'lucky' - yes. With a 'bad call' - not really (imo). THAT is what 'flops' are all about. SEEING what is next.

Trap set, baited, and sprung. Better 'luck' next time ...

This is so right + the fact if he whould have hit the flush the board is paired meaning u cant be sure that a D is a out

nuts422

nuts422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think villain played this brilliantly. Granted, I too normally don't call a 3xBB with 34. However, if you happen to make a hand like he did he'll have a huge advantage for the rest of the game because nobody can read his betting. If you only ever call or raise 3xBB with A-J or better, you are pretty easy to figure out.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you kidding me? Why did you jsut raise preflop to 80? You deserved to lose that hand playing it so badly from the beginning. Come on, with a raise like that I wouldve called you with any hand especially if it was in a 1$ tourney. Play big losten the purse strings.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread is older than me. Please stop resurrecting the dead. If it says "this thread is more than a month old" in red letters at the bottom, just don't do it.