Would u guys have done the same thing???

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all.

Have a look at this hand I have just played. It was a small $5 second chance ($10 total) I played TAG all of the way through, but got caught out twice by another guy that made my chip stack fall to where you see it. I had the better but got hit on the river both times (My AQ v his A8, he hit 8, my KK v his K4s - he hit his flush - nothing could move him from a flush draw!!!)

I am trying to get to the final tables rather than just scrape the money. I am finding the theory of playing your normal game near the bubble is not working at present - I would think more people would play tighter.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks guys and here is the hand...

** Game ID 624957500 starting - 2006-11-20 23:31:33
** $1,500 GTD $5 NLHE 2nd Chance[1087615]:Table 13 [Multi Table Hold 'em] (1200.00|2400.00 No Limit - MTT) real money
- thesquonk sitting in seat 2 with $16457.50
- ronaldadio sitting in seat 3 with $7800.00
- BaldEag1e sitting in seat 4 with $12558.76
- BrokeLad-CPH sitting in seat 5 with $14835.96
- ciara123 sitting in seat 6 with $23805.93
- Luca11 sitting in seat 7 with $28415.00
- CDickinson11 sitting in seat 8 with $20490.00 [Dealer]
- P0MPEYBOY sitting in seat 9 with $31900.00
- G_Star sitting in seat 10 with $23598.73
P0MPEYBOY posted the small blind - $600.00
G_Star posted the big blind - $1200.00
** Dealing card to ronaldadio: 9 of Spades, 9 of Clubs
thesquonk folded
ronaldadio went all-in - $7800.00
BaldEag1e folded
BrokeLad-CPH folded
ciara123 folded
Luca11 folded
CDickinson11 folded
P0MPEYBOY raised - $14400.00
G_Star folded
P0MPEYBOY shows: 10 of Hearts, 10 of Spades
** Dealing the flop: 5 of Clubs, 10 of Clubs, Queen of Hearts
** Dealing the turn: 6 of Diamonds
** Dealing the river: 7 of Spades
P0MPEYBOY wins $16800.00 from the main pot
End of game 624957500

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your M is 2 and you get a pocket pair. You really have no choice but to push all in. You just got unlucky and ran into 10 10.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`m glad u agree, but...

Your M is 2 and you get a pocket pair. You really have no choice but to push all in. You just got unlucky and ran into 10 10.

My M was just over 4 ???

Also, my though was that even the largest stack at the table could loose almost 1/5 of their stack. Their M was about 16, but to make matters worse, that was the guy with pkt 10`s!!!

Just not my day!!!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
I am trying to get to the final tables rather than just scrape the money. I am finding the theory of playing your normal game near the bubble is not working at present - I would think more people would play tighter.
This is a $5 tourney. People are generally ignorant enough not to even pay attention to the bubble. This is an easy push for me though unless there's a tiny stack that's about to go all in with 1 to the money or something. Even then I think I still push. My rule is <10BBs and I'm pushing instead of raising, and my hand range widens like crazy.
My M was just over 4 ???
Also small enough to be pushing with pretty much any pair.

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edit: I see now. I took the limit amounts as the blinds!!

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edit: I see now. I took the limit amounts as the blinds!!

I made exactly the same mistake.

Even so. an M of 4; mid+ pocket pairs sees my chips in the middle of the table.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are the limit amounts in the hh twice the blinds in a no limit MTT? wtf?

Also, hand is standard. If villain has AK and you win the race this thread doesn't get made. ;)

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Hand history/analysis can help people... but I think you should be posting the hands that brought you to this point rather than this hand.

This hand is obvious, what else will you wait for?

But why are you in a short stacked position is the question you need answered.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A valid point

I think Hand history/analysis can help people... but I think you should be posting the hands that brought you to this point rather than this hand.

This hand is obvious, what else will you wait for?

But why are you in a short stacked position is the question you need answered.

But you need to take into account the fact there were 246 entries in the tourny, so posting the full tourny history would not have been appropriate!!!

[/quote] I played TAG all of the way through, but got caught out twice by another guy that made my chip stack fall to where you see it. I had the better but got hit on the river both times (My AQ v his A8, he hit 8, my KK v his K4s - he hit his flush - nothing could move him from a flush draw!!!) [/quote]

In a round about way, this is how I became short stacked. Up until that position I was well placed.

Because of the way I play I rarely find myself in a position where i muff out on ppl. I`m not being clever or funny, but I win most of my pots by showing the best hand or bluffing and not showing - I feel I am now a good enough player to know when I am beaten (most of the time), so laying down AA, KK, QQ after a potential disaster flop/ turn/ river or folding AKs preflop is well within my play - as a famous poker player once said, money saved is as good as money won!!!

The reason I posted this specific hand analysis is I was wondering if people thought I might have acted to quickly - out of position, lots to act after me, shortest stack at table, 25th out of 28 when top 20 get paid, etc. I had enough to last another 40 hands (roughly) that could have squeezed me into the money. As I explained, I am not looking to `scrape` the cash - I want to win!!!

You are right to say if I had won that hand this post would never had appeared. But I didnt!!! The question is simple, I found myself where I found myself and genrally did I make the correct decision???

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would personally play TAG right up until the bubble when I'm shortstacked and so close to the bubble.
I wouldn't want to play all that time and walk away with nothing when that close to the bubble, but thats me and most players will say you did what you should have done and thats good poker, I sometimes have trouble following the rules, you can call me a rebel....lol

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push here was the only option. It's not even close, there are only 4 hands that beat you, everything else you want someone to call. You need to double up here and this hand has as good a chance as most. Obviously, you can't fold and you can't make any other raise then all-in, so.....

I also agree that limping in to the money is not important, there is no money in just making the money. The real pay offs are in the last 3, so yes you need to get chips and it's unlikely that you will get a better hand any time soon.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oops 5 hands. Typo. Still have to push.