Who would win this hand?

D

DimaNYC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and somewhat new to Texas Hold'Em Poker. I started playing with some friends and i thought i knew how to play but apparently people said i was wrong. Here is what the hands were and they said i lost. I thought it was a split pot but i need to know what the outcome of this should be, me winning, losing, or split pot.

My Hand:
:2c4::3s4:

My Friends Hand:
:jh4::qs4:

The Table:
:ah4::8d4::8c4::4d4::10c4:

The way i see it is that we both have a pair with an Ace Kicker therefore it would be a split pot. But they tell me that no i lost. Because he has a higher kicker. But it doesn't make sense to me because the highest kicker is the Ace. Can someone clear this up for me and tell me if i'm wrong or right.

Thank You!

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand will be won by your friend. The game is the best five card hand. So he is playing a a pair and is playing the ace, 10, and the queen from his hand. Your hand doesnt have a card higher then the 4 so you play the board.

D

DimaNYC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok i understand but see now i'm confused what is this was the situation who would win:

My Hand:
:ac4::3c4:

My Friend:
:jc4::kc4:

The Table:
:qc4::10c4::8d4::5c4::7h4:

Ok i see that we both have a Flush. But his lowest 5 beats my lowest 3. But my highest Ace beats hit highest King.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a-high flush > k-high flush

ignore the lowest card

D

DimaNYC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is what real? Those hands? Yes i wrote them down so i could show them.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing flushes you only go by the Highest Card, ignore lowest card like Dorkus pointed out. If your friends said you lost the second hand they were wrong. The first hand you lost as was already pointed out.

D

dan_ives

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
often aswell a thing to remeber is if some1 has a,k for example against pokcket 10s and jack, jack, queen, queen , four cumes out he would win as u both have 2 pair on the board except his kiker is beter

p215j

p215j

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice dan ives!

DimaNyc what Dan just pointed out is called counterfeiting your smaller pair. Remember its always the best 5 cards between the 5 community cards & each 2 individual hands that wins.

wildwesdaddy

wildwesdaddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
man tell your freinds they need to learn the game if they said you lost the second won it goes by higest natural A always and I repeat always wins in flushs unless he has a straight flush but if not your ace wins 1 million out of 1 million so tell them learn the game and scoreboard baby weeeeeeeeee:icon_bigs

D

DimaNYC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. I may have some more hand replies in the future to come.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like someone's making good use of the forum. In a year he'll be Jesus Lederer.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands