Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
first replay, villain with 97d? this can be considered a bad beat!
I like the 4-bet pre-flop, but it thinks is not enough to make villain fold. maybe a shove pre-fop is better, or after a set in the flop. For me when a have, QQ, KK or AA is win big or losse all, theres no slow play.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: I don't think you made any real mistakes. I would advise, though, that you C bet that flop. That recommendation has nothing to do with the flush draw on the board. In this same situation if you had AQ off you would bet as a normal C bet correct? So if you are going to be betting when you miss you need to be betting when you nail it big too. If he has nothing he will not be calling of course but you wouldn't be getting any value from him anyway if he has nothing so you shouldn't be too worried about him folding.

Hand 2: Only mistake I see is betting full pot on the flop. I know you are trying to get draws out but it did not happen anyway in this case. With that full pot bet you bloated the pot out of position. Totally on the side of betting here I would just go something more like 50-60% of the pot instead of full pot. If they are calling 60% pot they would probably call a full pot bet and if they are folding to a pot sized bet they are probably folding to a 60% bet as well. Just a way to save some chips if you are not good.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 (KK)
Your 3-bet size gives away a bit of a tell. You put in more than 1/3 of your stack, which mean, you committed yourself to the pot. You can not fold to a 4-bet, and you can generally not fold after the flop either. This mean, you can never have any bluffs, and the opponent can also not bluff you. It might not be a big deal in a 2$ tournaments, because most opponents are to bad to even care about, what you are doing. But when you move up, this is something to consider. On the flop I like checking. There is less than a pot sized bet left, and you are never folding anyway, so why not allow him to hang himself or catch up. When he flopped a combo draw, he is of course going with it regardless, and it just is, what it is.

Hand 2 (J9)
I think, you overplayed this hand. When you pot the flop and jam the turn into a whole school of players, you pretty much make sure, you only get action, when you are beat. He did in fact call you with worse, which is kind of crazy. But again speaking about moving up, this is not something, you will see much, when you get to for instance 5$ tournaments. So you might as well start practicing some theoretically more sound lines and bet sizes now.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mistake is you being results oriented - you are posting these hands primarily because you lost them and I believe otherwise you would not think twice about them had you won them.

First hand - facing a 3x raise preflop I would just get it all in here preflop with KKs, hard to get a call when we 3bet for half of our stack so those folding to the jam are likely folding to the 3bet as well. Just get it all in pre.

As played - you had top set on the flop - the nut hand on the flop...how is getting it all in here vs 9hi with a draw bad in any way shape or form??? It doesnt get much stronger than this. No mistakes to be had here, just a bad runout that you need to be ok with.

Hand 2 - we are leading a marginal top pair into 4 opponents! This is a huuuge mistake...we run into JT, QJ and J8s alooooot. In short we are just betting full pot right into a large potential of better hands. This is a check/call street all day long.

Again, the fact the guy floated you with 92s on this flop is astounding and the level of this player is beyond bad...BUT you were ahead the entire time and you got your money in good! It's a spot where you should rarely ever be good! So when you get it all in good...what's there to complain about?

In both examples the opponents had far worse hands - and they drew out on you. These aren't giant mistakes...they are bad results and you're focusing more on the outcome rather than the plays at hand - stop that! This line of thinking will do nothing but cloud judgement and lead to bad results.

Hope this helps.