What you think about this hand?

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Bad beat or bad play? I swear to god more often on william hill there are running pairs instead of hitting draws what is insane. Doesn't feel random. 5e buyin 3 spots away from money.
How would you played this after flop knowing that player on top left is loving to push it in with draws based on past hands?

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, when I watch this hand I and mesmerised buy the guy playing A5 like its AA. What's going on there!

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even with this player information, your play was not good, against this type of player you should play the top of the range.
A5s you playing to hit a miraculous flush or straight but you have to remember that the player opened 2x from UTG in his range he has a lot of Aces with a bigger kicker than yours, if you hit the ace in this hand you would lose a lot of chips.
my tip: don't keep calling with these speculative hands to hit you will only lose chips and you will rarely hit.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it’s obvious that the player on the right is playing with jacks or with a strong pair in his hand because he is not afraid to bet and go all-in in three players after the flop you bet the pot ball knowing that the player has a double hand I think this is very strange

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that this was a bad beat. The main pot was won by the strongest hand (top right) and it was all in preflop.
Than, after the flop, the chances of the player from the top left where bigger to hit the flush than yours to get the 2 for a straight. In my opinion it was a bad call going all in hopping that a 2 will be shown on the river

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I think it’s obvious that the player on the right is playing with jacks or with a strong pair in his hand because he is not afraid to bet and go all-in in three players after the flop you bet the pot ball knowing that the player has a double hand I think this is very strange
Player on the right doesn't matter cuz of his stack size. He's short stack and he has to move all in anyway at some stage. As i called it preflop and got raised by UTG and flop came small cards with draws on board so i was looking to get him away from his draws and knew my hand is good at the time, didn't worry about straight draws or pair of 6's. He clearly had draw, but whats shocking instead of draws on william hill poker you hit misterious pairs far more often what shouldn't happen.

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
even with this player information, your play was not good, against this type of player you should play the top of the range.
A5s you playing to hit a miraculous flush or straight but you have to remember that the player opened 2x from UTG in his range he has a lot of Aces with a bigger kicker than yours, if you hit the ace in this hand you would lose a lot of chips.
my tip: don't keep calling with these speculative hands to hit you will only lose chips and you will rarely hit.
Yes, but blinds are 4k/8k, just waiting for hand will hurt my stack quite a bit and eventually i will get bullied off the table anyway. Yes, i played it bad preflop maybe, but UTG min raised and short stack went all in, what is most likely any range of cards with pairs, suited connectors or any mid tier hand. As info i got from UTG min raise, he had high range cards, maybe AKs AQs AJs KQs KJs, so after flop i was sure i had best of it. I believe i played it correct after the flop cuz i knew he had no 6 in his hand. Or am i wrong?

I agree that i should play more tight tho. Thanks for advice.

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I don't think that this was a bad beat. The main pot was won by the strongest hand (top right) and it was all in preflop.
Than, after the flop, the chances of the player from the top left where bigger to hit the flush than yours to get the 2 for a straight. In my opinion it was a bad call going all in hopping that a 2 will be shown on the river
I had 2nd pair after flop. And flop was low, opponent clearly had high range cards. Dafuq u talkin abt? :D I had no need for 2. Just him to miss his draw and he did, but instead he pair his 10.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beat or bad play? I swear to god more often on william hill there are running pairs instead of hitting draws what is insane. Doesn't feel random. 5e buyin 3 spots away from money.
How would you played this after flop knowing that player on top left is loving to push it in with draws based on past hands?

I liked the villain's move...:)

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, the A5 was played incorrectly, but it is difficult to say an uncertain stage in the tournament. If it was a knockout tournament and for a short stack that had two jacks had a big bounty, then only two options could be played with A5, it was suggested to isolate it and launch it by preventing the player on the left from entering the pot, or simply folding, calling looks bad in this situation, since in a draw with 4 players, A5 will always be behind. If this is a freezes tournament, I would not play such a hand.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had 2nd pair after flop. And flop was low, opponent clearly had high range cards. Dafuq u talkin abt? :D I had no need for 2. Just him to miss his draw and he did, but instead he pair his 10.
Second pair but a small one, how many better hands he could had? Yes he paired his 10, it would have been the same with a K, he would had won with any spade. For me, a pair of 5 is not a pair for all in

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
marginal hand. and this result is natural. but with some frequency it will be profitable. But not at this time

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
5A suited depending on the day, (on the day of my madness, I would pay to see) on a normal day, I would hardly play this hand

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad play, you should have fold after the reraise of the villain.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No possible to say. The whole game path would tell.

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
5A suited depending on the day, (on the day of my madness, I would pay to see) on a normal day, I would hardly play this hand
Thats what im saying. Im following Negreanu path, that sometimes going in with lower range cards and actually making hand with them can bring big profits as it is well masked. But i guess not this time. This isn't a hand i would play often, but in this specific hand i knew lad on left had a flush draw and no pairs what makes me favorite in this hand. For me i think, - Played bad? Yes. Bad beat? Yes.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the A-5s guy played it very bad . totally unnecessary to lose the chips there with that hand . also he/she played it way too aggressively and should have only checked on the flop . the call on the shove on the flop was bad

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think going all-in with a couple of 55, in a situation where three people before the money is basically the wrong decision. The chance to get 2 is minimal.

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket pair is always a strong hand, although still vulnerable to 5 7 off suit as i have discovered twice in quick succession lately

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Sorry man, but I have to say it was a bad play. First of all, you said it was 3 spots away from the money, so why take chances with a speculative hand especially when another player had shoved. As to the info about the top left player, you still have to consider that he could hit his draw, is it impossible ?

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
what do i think...hmmm ....very dum play , how can you play like this ...bingo players ....yeah

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it perfectly. You must be pro.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player on the right doesn't matter cuz of his stack size. He's short stack and he has to move all in anyway at some stage. As i called it preflop and got raised by UTG and flop came small cards with draws on board so i was looking to get him away from his draws and knew my hand is good at the time, didn't worry about straight draws or pair of 6's. He clearly had draw, but whats shocking instead of draws on william hill poker you hit misterious pairs far more often what shouldn't happen.
Actually the player on the right matters greatly as they cover the main pot and there is no side pot at this point
-Your study point is preplanning a hand
If we do not raise to isolate the all-in our plan before we see the flop is to hit a strong hand to take the main pot--we did not hit a strong hand-therefore our second plan is to see as many free cards as we can---we do this by checking flop- if we do not act on plan two our third plan is to get the pot heads up vs the all-in player so we bet to get folds not for value- Our last plan is to fold as we then get action and get our stack in with a pair of fives which may be behind already or is up vs a strong equity hand draw KTss has 52% equity to our 45% we tie the rest- this is not a stack off spot

Last edited:
dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Sorry man, but I have to say it was a bad play. First of all, you said it was 3 spots away from the money, so why take chances with a speculative hand especially when another player had shoved. As to the info about the top left player, you still have to consider that he could hit his draw, is it impossible ?
Yes, but ods are in my favor there.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands