What would you do?

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start of the mini marathon on pokerstars I'm in cutoff with AKo. UTG raises, UTG+1 3 bets MP 4 bets, fold call or shove?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MY 100 bb GTO chart has UTG1- 3bet QQ+- AKO-AKS----bluffing AQO ATS KJS just those hands

I let this go due to the fact that best case scenario I am vs a QQ or poorly played smaller pair but some of my cards are dead-
We are not closing the action so calling is a no no- Realizing AKO's full equity in a 4 bet pot is very difficult due to the now much lower SPR- so even if we had 40% equity vs range we can easily subtract 25% of the 40% which means we have 30% equity- Add in the fact that if we hit an ace getting stacks vs decent players is difficult

If the players are really weak we can easily find better spots to stack them this early

Let us not forget we are also blocking the UTG1's GTO 3 bet bluffs so their range leans value

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me this is an easy fold. With all that action starting in EP your AK is in bad shape, and you dont have anything invested in the pot yet. You are also up to 200BB deep, if this is the start of the tournament, so you definitely dont want to stack off AK preflop.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That early in the tournament I would have folded. I would assume the other players have pairs and I would loose against a tripple.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Versus 3 uncapped ranges, presumably deep I would fold

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Fold if you do not want to risk ..otherwise shove ;)

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Start of the mini marathon on pokerstars I'm in cutoff with AKo. UTG raises, UTG+1 3 bets MP 4 bets, fold call or shove?
Before making a decision, you need to understand the structure of the tournament. But I am more inclined to choose the call.

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As mentioned above, this is an easy fold for me, I even folded AKs in such a situation, many players have already entered the game before you, and they can have anything AA/KK/QQ, which we are not up against. ;)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it's an easy fold for me with such a hand at the beginning of the tournament I think a lot of people would do the same as me, I don't really like the rest of the actions

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well you have 10K and a decent hand, blinds are low, 25/50 so I would call see the flop (unless there is a shove which only a bad player would do ;) with 10K, I could call even that when the tour is with rebuys, but it depends on if I am feeling lucky) on flop I have to decide which line I would take, but fold to a 3 bet for 400 - 500 chips with AK is not going to happend (with a 10K stack and rebuy).

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
MY 100 bb GTO chart has UTG1- 3bet QQ+- AKO-AKS----bluffing AQO ATS KJS just those hands

I let this go due to the fact that best case scenario I am vs a QQ or poorly played smaller pair but some of my cards are dead-
We are not closing the action so calling is a no no- Realizing AKO's full equity in a 4 bet pot is very difficult due to the now much lower SPR- so even if we had 40% equity vs range we can easily subtract 25% of the 40% which means we have 30% equity- Add in the fact that if we hit an ace getting stacks vs decent players is difficult

If the players are really weak we can easily find better spots to stack them this early

Let us not forget we are also blocking the UTG1's GTO 3 bet bluffs so their range leans value
Good post

When I play this scenario....I tend to call or fold, but when I do make the decision to call it's because my expectations are then changed.

I see my successes with this strategy have put a big flaw in my game. Still sitting here debating with my ego "don't listen to him Kitch, you always get paid". I do get paid but still.

15 minutes later and I still haven't submitted the post. I think I'm happy with not playing optimally