What would you do?

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday, in the freerool in the table was:10c4::jc4:8-9( i cant find the others icons) :D, and i have :kc4:, i go all in, the other player wins with royal flush with a Q, first of all, great hand, but...what would you do?

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday, in the freerool in the table was:10c4::jc4:8-9( i cant find the others icons) :D, and i have :kc4:, i go all in, the other player wins with royal flush with a Q, first of all, great hand, but...what would you do?

Haha yeah that’s a good hand and completely understandable call by villain with royal flush. I probably wouldn’t jam in with your hand, but I don’t have context on your stack size. I generally don’t shove unless I have the absolute nuts which your opponent did or I’m bluffing with a garbage hand. Best of luck next time!

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wasnt a royal if you had the king. It was a straight flush beating your king high flush. I probably would have shoved preflop

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wasnt a royal if you had the king. It was a straight flush beating your king high flush. I probably would have shoved preflop

Yes, sorry, my mistake, straight flush

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It depends on how it all played out.

We need to see the hand history for better analysis.

I probably would have bet on the small side, but it's so hard to say with not knowing how the action went.

The advice I can give you is:
To see a specific card type like for example 8 of hearts, you put 8 : heart : with no spaces 8

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a king high flush and 4 to a straight flush on the board your hand is really not as strong as you think it is. Also this is a classic situation of way ahead or way behind. You either have your opponent crushed here or you are up against ace, queen, or 7 of clubs. Betting all in here is a big mistake as you will only get call by hands that have you beat. Even 6 on down of clubs will probably not call knowing you would not be bluffing on a board like this. Avoid making big bets that you will only get called when you are beat. A small bet would be better here and then when and if you get raised you can fold. You did not mention stack sizes in this either as that could make a difference if you have almost nothing left behind. When posting a hand try to put in as much info as you can.