What should I have done?

B

big jingles

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please help. What was the best way to play this hand.

AQ diamonds on the button
8000/16000 blinds and 3000 ante
my stack 250,000
BB has around 400,000
There are 11 players remaining, 6 at my table
This is a live tournament at The Borgata the prize pool is over $100,000
About 350 players entered
1st prize is around $30,000
10 and 11 pay the same a little over $1,400, then they go up a little over a $1,000 a place the next 5 spots,

Folds to me and I made what I think is my 1st mistake of this hand
I raised to 60,000 (I think 40,000 would have been better)

We were now playing over 9 hours, I have never played in a game that went over 6 hours and I was completely unprepared for how draining this turned out to be. It was after 9PM and I did not eat all day. My mind was becoming mush and I could not think straight. I wanted the blinds to fold and I would have over 300,000 chips and a break was coming up and I was going to get something to eat and try to get my mind back.

SB folded and BB called

The flop was Kc, Qh and 10d
BB checked now the big blunder
The only thing I could think was 60,000 pre so 100,000 on the flop.

I found my mistake when the BB ask how many chips I had left and I saw I only had 90,000 behind, now I see how bad I played, all in would have been my best chance.
But what are the odds or chances he would have folded here to my all in.
He called and the turn was an ace. The rest of my chips go in and he shows jack ten off. The river was a brick.

Are my feelings on how he played important here or my image at the table?

He was a gambler and took chances played a lot of hands. I had been tight to ultra tight but aggressive on the flops when I did play but my play the last round really dropped as I tired out. Each blind level was 30 minutes. I could not figure out where I was in the hand so I folded to bets on the flop to danger cards. I was bleeding off a lot of chips, I was down to 110,000 after putting up the BB and ante this same player raised to 40,000 UTG everyone folded so I went all in w/KJo he called w/ATs I flopped a Jack and won the hand now 2 hands later I am out of the tournament.

This was my 1st $300 tournament and my second tournament at Borgata the 1st was $100 plus 20 that I won so I tried the $300 ($75,000 guaranteed). I did have a good week but I hate messing up the last hand.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you answered your own question here. Shoving the flop is a much better play because you are already committing yourself by betting half of your stack. If you shove, you have much more fold equity, and make it a much tougher decision for your opponent.
Good job winning the $100 buy-in, and hopefully you will win many more.