What should I do here?

G

goterps7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I be calling or folding here? Thanks for any advice...

No real reads on this guy except that the hand before I hit a flush on the river and he made it very clear that he was pissed off at me, so that made me think he might have been trying to "get back at me", but other then that no reads...

Stacks:
SB with 1560
BB with 1910
UTG with 925
UTG+1 with 2660
MP1 with 2115
MP2 with 1960
CO with 505
BTN with 1865

hand.pl

Blinds: 25/50
Site: Pokerstars
Dealt to MP1:A♦ Q♠
Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
2 players fold.
Hero raises 100 to 150
MP2 calls [150]
3 players fold.
BB calls [100]
Total folds this street: 5
Potsize: 475
Flop:
2♠ 8♣ K♠
BB: checks
Hero: checks
MP2: checks
Potsize: 475
Turn:
A♠
BB: checks
Hero bets [150]
MP2 calls [150]
BB raises 1610 to 1760 [ all-in ]

Hero ?????

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"get back at me", but other then that no reads...

i would say that this doesn't have to much value to it since it's not just you and him (even though some players do try to "get back at you")

just a question before any analysis is this a single table tourney or 18 man or what?

G

goterps7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
18-man sng... and i know it doesn't really have much value, but that was the only thing that even resembled a read that i had on the guy, so i wanted to give as much information as possible on villian...

G

goterps7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, this was actually a 1 table sng...

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should call and hit the nut flush on the river again. :D

I don't think you need to worry about AK here, as he would probably have bet the flop that has a spade flush draw. hands that beat you are two-paired A-rag, sets and a made flush. Most of these hands could be shoving as they are afraid of a 4th spade appearing on the river.

You already beat any other ace, but it would be quite donkish for these to be shoving here.

If you have a strong read that the guy is a donk (did you sharkscope him, btw?), then there are enough A-rags and outs to the nut flush if behind to justify a call. If he is half way decent, then it's a fold.

What would certainly hint to a fold is the fact that a third player is in the hand and he may also have something that beats you.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain's line makes no sense here.

Are we to believe he's hit two pair+ and checked the flop and turn with a 2 (3 on the turn)-flush out there and with nobody having shown any aggression postflop? Are we to believe he's turned a flush and checked, risking giving two players a free card to either outdraw him or kill his action on the river?

Look at all the likely hands that beat us. AA/KK/AK generally reraise preflop and bet flop or turn, 88/22 generally bets the flop or turn, A8/A2 should fold preflop but in any case generally bet flop or turn. Spades are possible but generally will lead the turn, and hands like KsJs/QsJs are obviously out of his range as the cards are dead.

This looks so suspicious to me, and coupled with the "He's not happy with me" read that we have (as well as the nut flush draw as backup), I call this quite gladly. Of course we can't be certain villain is misplaying his AK, but it just looks... odd.

It's an interesting hand, but imo it becomes really interesting if we don't have the Qs here. It's probably a fold then, but a marginal one.