What should I do?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian here just got moved to my table. I had been the table leader. I have no reads on this guy.

This hand changed everything in this sng,

full tilt poker Game #1997627762: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (14959998), Table 4 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:22:43 ET - 2007/03/15
Seat 1: Doffman (8,705)
Seat 2: ChipCollector7 (2,450)
Seat 3: clearence (1,200)
Seat 4: malibunova (6,080)
Seat 6: ccsmith35 (1,915)
Seat 7: tcbet1 (2,245)
Seat 8: vicky37 (665)
Seat 9: dj1113 (6,198)
ChipCollector7 posts the small blind of 50
clearence posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to dj1113 [Qs As]
malibunova calls 100
ccsmith35 calls 100
tcbet1 folds
vicky37 calls 100
dj1113 raises to 400
Doffman raises to 2,000
ChipCollector7 folds
clearence folds
malibunova folds
ccsmith35 folds
vicky37 folds
dj1113 calls 1,600
*** FLOP *** [9h Tc Kc]
dj1113 has 15 seconds left to act
dj1113 bets 1,000
Doffman raises to 4,000
dj1113 has 15 seconds left to act
dj1113 folds
Uncalled bet of 3,000 returned to Doffman
Doffman mucks
Doffman wins the pot (6,450)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,450 | Rake 0
Board: [9h Tc Kc]
Seat 1: Doffman (button) collected (6,450), mucked
Seat 2: ChipCollector7 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: clearence (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: malibunova folded before the Flop
Seat 6: ccsmith35 folded before the Flop
Seat 7: tcbet1 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: vicky37 folded before the Flop
Seat 9: dj1113 folded on the Flop

If you have to see the results highlight the area Between there and here.

Reply before looking please.

Should I Call?

I watched this guy play from this point on and saw a most remarkable streak of suck outs. I mentioned it via chat, and he refered me to Phil Gordons Little Green book, which I take it is his bible.

J

james222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you were better off going allin preflop then calling that huge raise. I would fold preflop. You have plenty of time to find better spots to put your money in. You want to aviod big confrontations with the bigger stacks with hands that are likely to be dominated.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're praying for a pocket pair smaller than JJ or for him to have AQ or less himself? This looks like a fold to me.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I don't see how you can call there. It has to be push or fold. And I would definitely go with the fold. He's the one stack you would want to avoid since he can hurt your stack significantly, and even bust you. Also, there were 3 callers behind you, and then you raised, and then he reraised. What did you think he could possibly have? He isn't pushing with Ace-rag here, possibly AJ is your best hope, but doubtful. I think preflop, you have to fold.

Although the blinds aren't too much of a threat to you at this point, you know this guy is not going to slow down post-flop, after reraising into 4 players. He is going to bet out, and so you're calling 1/3 of your chips off knowing you need to hit, and even if you do hit, and he pushes on the flop again, good chances that he has you anyways.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pop it to 1k preflop to kill that dead money. and then fold to his shove pf ;/. or shove the flop if you cold call his raise out of position against the chipleader that has been known to make stupid suckout calls?

He is going to bet out, and so you're calling 1/3 of your chips off knowing you need to hit, and even if you do hit, and he pushes on the flop again,

doffman is the button here. we act first (which is probably the only thing that helps us. we get to stop and go if we think he has JJ/QQ and will fold.)

i dont know what you're trying to accomplish here exactly. i see a lot of players calling in this position with JJ/QQ even. you will have to be willing to bet this and shove the turn if he calls. cry, fold, cry, but most importantly, fold, preflop.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At that point, I had only noticed that the table was still at a limping in stage. In the CO I figured the table ripe for some agression. Villians raise was a stunner, as he had just got to this table. I looked at his stack, figured him to be LAG, and called his pf raise. Post flop AQs still seemed a good play at that point but I figured a feeler bet would be a good choice.

This hand stuck with me for quite a while, in fact I am still thinking about it next day. As I mentioned I watched this guy for the reast of that tourney, which he won, and then watched him go to a cash game where he imployed those same tactics.

I am convinced that he plays the players as much or more than he plays the cards. But in the end, one can't win it, if they ain't in it!

I went out of this with KQ suited and ALLin, he called with 35 suited and won with a pair. And every hand between above and my demise he did the same thing, huge raise, and big follow up.

Last edited:
Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against an unknown player you have to give them the benefit of the doubt, and AQ is a dog to most people's re-raising range. Against a known lagtard you could push, but in general you don't want to be playing AQ in a re-raised pot out of position so this is usually a fold. Particularly since this player has you covered.

I would also recommend raising more pre-flop - pot size or a bit more, to about 700. Show people you're serious about the pot and don't give other players good odds to call.

And on the flop, betting 1/4 pot is just bait and you're going to get raised 99% of the time. But then again, you were probably behind - you don't even have a pair.

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
another way of looking at it is that he has nothing and taking advantage of the fact that no one has a read on him and he is trying to push you around.
You problem there is you floprd nothing but a draw and you have no clubs.
you got to fold and keep playing.
this s&g tables can change chip leaders in 2 minutes.
wait for you big hand

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd definitely fold to a reraise without any read. Still ahve a healthy stack. The blinds not going to hurt you just yet.