Tournament - Over-aggressive garbage hand MP bluff

heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker Game #2660914389: $5 + $0.50 Tournament (19824163), Table 11 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:40:58 ET - 2007/06/13
Seat 1: buger b bond (15,805)
Seat 2: AsUdUdE (4,030)
Seat 3: JPcontender (7,562)
Seat 4: flash4thewin (11,014)
Seat 5: luckypreacher (4,360)
Seat 6: davejcbox (6,317)
Seat 7: bulldogmax (25,376)
Seat 8: bellyup213 (9,795)
Seat 9: haf64 (4,395)
buger b bond antes 25
AsUdUdE antes 25
JPcontender antes 25
flash4thewin antes 25
luckypreacher antes 25
davejcbox antes 25
bulldogmax antes 25
bellyup213 antes 25
haf64 antes 25
davejcbox posts the small blind of 120
bulldogmax posts the big blind of 240
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to flash4thewin [Jc 6d]
bellyup213 folds
JPcontender: DARN! u know I like 3's and I went I mucked one LOL
haf64 calls 240
buger b bond folds
AsUdUdE folds
JPcontender folds
flash4thewin raises to 700
luckypreacher calls 700
davejcbox has 15 seconds left to act
davejcbox folds
bulldogmax calls 460
haf64 folds
*** FLOP *** [6s 2h Ad]
bulldogmax checks
flash4thewin bets 1,000
luckypreacher folds
bulldogmax calls 1,000
*** TURN *** [6s 2h Ad] [9s]
bulldogmax checks
flash4thewin bets 1,500
bulldogmax calls 1,500
*** RIVER *** [6s 2h Ad 9s] [7d]
bulldogmax checks
flash4thewin checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
flash4thewin shows [Jc 6d] a pair of Sixes
bulldogmax shows [Qc Qd] a pair of Queens
bulldogmax wins the pot (7,685) with a pair of Queens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7,685 | Rake 0
Board: [6s 2h Ad 9s 7d]
Seat 1: buger b bond folded before the Flop
Seat 2: AsUdUdE folded before the Flop
Seat 3: JPcontender folded before the Flop
Seat 4: flash4thewin showed [Jc 6d] and lost with a pair of Sixes
Seat 5: luckypreacher (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: davejcbox (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: bulldogmax (big blind) showed [Qc Qd] and won (7,685) with a pair of Queens
Seat 8: bellyup213 folded before the Flop
Seat 9: haf64 folded before the Flop

i tried representing the ace should i have bet more on the turn/ all in?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An all in move probably wouldn't have changed much. It seems like your opponent fell in love with their high pocket pair. Nice attempt though.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Give up after the flop. On that sort of drawless flop there's precious little that he's calling a bet with that he's going to subsequently fold. He has some sort of made hand, it's a $5 donkament, he's not going anywhere.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Give up after the flop. On that sort of drawless flop there's precious little that he's calling a bet with that he's going to subsequently fold. He has some sort of made hand, it's a $5 donkament, he's not going anywhere.

Yeah, I think this time for a change (lol) DM is right, you should have given up after the flop bet, for him to call he has to have something. Its too bad you didn't really have an A, I'm pretty sure he calls with his queens if you small bet (like 2.5k/3k) the river. I'm actually surprised he called the turn, even if the bet is smallish compared to pot, its only 1/3 of it. This guy must be a calling station, I don't see how he can call the turn based on reads, that's BS to me.

Would he fold if you had bet more/all-in on the turn? Maybe, who knows, but he has you covered, how can you possibly risk it after he called the flop bet? He called your PF raise and flop bet, it almost looks like he has an A. Its not like you know he has QQ. In cases like this I think its best to give it up after the flop because you get that feeling he really is not going anywhere and he'll call you down. I can tell you this if it makes you feel better, your play would have worked against me. After you fired the 2nd time I'm sure I'd fold, min bet or not. Here it didn't work but I wouldn't think too much about it.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently he was in love with his QQ as much as some people love Ax. Either that, or he had some read on you that led him to believe you might be a) bluffing, or b) c-betting. Sometimes you can fire the third bullet and they'll go away, but this is a tourney and he has you outchipped.

Probably better to make this play against a medium stack. A short stack would be willing to push Ax/big pairs, the chip leader is willing to go further. (Edit: I meant, you didn't have a choice since he was betting after you, but once to the flop, better not to continue this play since he is the chip leader)

One other thing; if you were holding AK/AQ/AJ, is that what you would have bet at the turn? It looks like you're losing some steam, in which case better to just check/fold.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands