Top Pair, Flush Draw...Just been raised.

Black_Fox

Black_Fox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, as far as the last 2 weeks have gone - i've had the shittest luck in the world. I even went as far as throwing my porcelain Leprechaun at the wall.

I was up by about $90 3 weeks ago, i'm currently staring at a deficit of -$30. Sucks, but from my point of view - i've been playing some solid poker.

Online.

JTs in late position - no raise, i just limp in.

3 Players.

Flop comes 6-4-J (2 Spades)

I raise it to $200.

Player A folds

Player B re-raises to $600.

I think for a second, and move all in for $3200.

He calls.

He has AA.

No more spades, no jack, no ten. Game over on that one.

Online yesterday.

$16, 9 Players.

Down to 4. Top 3 pay out.

I was 2nd in chips, $3800. Chip leader has around $6200.

Dealt AA on the button. I just raise it to $800.

Chip leader re-raises to $1600.

I move all in for $3000, chip leader calls showing KK in the process.

Flop comes 7-8-2.

Turn is a K

River is a Q.

Excellent - there goes the Leprechaun.

Rileys - Live play.

18 players left. Blinds rising to $500 and $1000.

I had $5200.

I really needed a double up.

Got dealt KQ in late position - 4 players, all called - no raise.

I raise all in.

Everyone folds except one guy.

I figure he's holding a good pair, or similar hand to me.

He shows 86os. WTF? Now, before i'd usually think - Come on! Time for a double up, but i've been getting drawn out on so much of late...i feared for the worst.

Flop comes 9-7-A.

Turn is a A.

River is a....10.

I was pissed. Actually that's an understatement, i was fuming.

I think i'm just going to take some time away from the tables, simmer down a little and come back with a fresh head - because it's really starting to piss me off right now. There's really not much more i can do, save selling my soul for X-Ray vision at the tables, ive tried being passive, ive tried mixing it up, ive tried being aggressive, ive adapted to the tables but when all is set and done - i always end up getting cracked. Aces, Queens, Kings, i do win with pocket 8's sometimes though :)

Yeah, sorry for the rant.

BF.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing can be said in all 3 those hands, I like the way they were played, all 3, its actually hard to say which I like better.

In the first you're a favored with 14 outs to win the hand, I think the shove was a great move.

In the second you're able to move all-in PF with aces and get called, you gotta love that except for result.

The 3rd is an excellent squeeze play that I just love against 4 weak limpers, but another bad break, villain was getting 2 to 1 and figured it was worth a try I guess, busting you in the process.

Just a real bad streak, hope your luck changes soon.

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW EEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing can be said in all 3 those hands, I like the way they were played, all 3, its actually hard to say which I like better.

In the first you're a favored with 14 outs to win the hand, I think the shove was a great move.

In the second you're able to move all-in PF with aces and get called, you gotta love that except for result.

The 3rd is an excellent squeeze play that I just love against 4 weak limpers, but another bad break, villain was getting 2 to 1 and figured it was worth a try I guess, busting you in the process.

Just a real bad streak, hope your luck changes soon.
Yep, yep and yep - 1st one you're ahead or have got outs, 2nd one i wouldn't really consider a bad beat - your opponent can hardly be considered lucky for being behind pre-flop 4 handed with KK, and 3rd one, just shows why if you have correct odds and a big enough stack that calling with any 2 sometimes works (if he knew which cards you had then calling, not folding, is the correct play).

L

LoaderAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta live with those ones huh. But remember you'll probably win ones like that sometimes too (ok, maybe not the 8-6 bull!). Just dont let it tilt you. (and if you do catch wins like this, try to psych them an dmake them tilt).

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ugh

I cant read all that written like that so I will let you all handle this one.

darn I used the title again, I tried to stop before I hit post urg.

Full Flush Poker