The results have been hidden.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it'd be nice to know the blinds, in an early game situation i'd fold AJ but in a mid/late game situation like that i'd likely call.

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry blinds werent included. They were 30/60

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How did UTG get so short stacked so early?

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold here unless maybe UTG just lost a huge pot one hand ago and now is shoving, since he may be steaming. But his M is about 5 so he isn't pushing with any two cards here, also he is utg. If his M was like 3 and he was pushing then I would call or raise (to isolate) since he's about to hit the blinds and probably moving in with any two cards.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given the conditions, it sure is tempting to call this. Under the thinking that UTG either wants to get gone, or get going, the mindset is the same as a shortstack play at the end of the tourney.

However. Being as it is early, and the big stacks decided against calling, I would bite my tongue here and say folding is not a bad option. Neither is calling. You understand the risks involved, clearly, but in my mind this is about as borderline as they come.

Should you call and fail, you will be prevented from any adventures till you can grind your way back up.

Sooooo tempting. Limited risk vs a good opportunity.

I can easily imagine reading where half the time you call these and half the time you fold these, and neither is really the preferred play, as none exists.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree w/ DJ that this is one of those spots where you have to use your time bank and then go w/ your gut feel.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call here, if he's a solid player your up against PP or a weaker ace.
If you lose, you're just 1 triple/2 double ups away from getting back into this.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry blinds werent included. They were 30/60

With three people ahead of you and no reads, it's a raise or fold situation. Raising will limit it to heads up. If they call, you're not in a good position. If you just call, you have no idea what the players after you are holding if they call as well.

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in the end i decided to flat call for three reasons:

1. Although not many hands had been played id already noticed the villain was getting into alot of pots and then folding later, suggesting a wide range of starting hands?

2. The people to act behind i had already labbelled as very tight agressive so i was fairly sure id have noone else in the pot with me

3. Not all my chips were at stake, so i could get back in to the game with a double up if it turned out to be a bad call.

Anyway heres how it went:

Full Tilt poker game #5906063719: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (44962010), Table 1 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:31:08 ET - 2008/04/04
Seat 1: ajrobinson (1,370)
Seat 2: mmm645 (1,210)
Seat 3: tough dude (1,750)
Seat 4: Djukelov (1,175)
Seat 5: zo45810 (490)
Seat 6: knitter (2,410)
Seat 8: Icepokerin (3,410)
Seat 9: lauchzwiebel (1,685)
tough dude posts the small blind of 25
Djukelov posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #2

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ajrobinson [Ah Jd]
zo45810 raises to 490, and is all in
knitter folds
Icepokerin folds
lauchzwiebel folds
ajrobinson calls 490
mmm645 folds
tough dude folds
Djukelov folds
zo45810 shows [Qh 5s]
ajrobinson shows [Ah Jd]

*** FLOP *** [8d 5h 8h]
*** TURN *** [8d 5h 8h] [Kh]
*** RIVER *** [8d 5h 8h Kh] [8c]
zo45810 shows a full house, Eights full of Fives
ajrobinson shows three of a kind, Eights
zo45810 wins the pot (1,055) with a full house, Eights full of Fives

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,055 | Rake 0
Board: [8d 5h 8h Kh 8c]
Seat 1: ajrobinson showed [Ah Jd] and lost with three of a kind, Eights
Seat 2: mmm645 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: tough dude (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: Djukelov (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: zo45810 showed [Qh 5s] and won (1,055) with a full house, Eights full of Fives
Seat 6: knitter didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: Icepokerin didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: lauchzwiebel didn't bet (folded)

So pretty much i feel i made the right call and got unlucky?

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
srry but all in blind is never any good any pp wins race at least against me

N

nudist30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would tend to agree

That you would have to go with your gut. That is a very hard call. I mean for me AJ os is not a great hand overall. I mean if it was suited then i might have called it but I think i would fold in this instance and wait for a better hand later especially since the blinds are still small.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think calling here is a good idea, your putting over 30% of your stack at risk and opening yourself up to a possible reraise/resteal behind you. Even tight/aggressive players sometimes get hands. I agree that it's probably a tilt raise and its likely your probably a favorite or a coinflip at worst but you stand more to lose than you stand to gain. If you win the pot it's not gonna have a significant impact on placing you in the money, and if you lose, now your the shortstack and as soon as the blinds go up you'll only have 1 move-allin, so it will have more of an impact to your detriment than to your success. I'd let this go and let the other players make marginal calls against this guy, because when they call and bust him you will still gain from the fact that there is one less player to go through and you will not have to take the risk, especially this early when the blinds are so small. Your call turned out to be good since you were almost around a 2 to 1 favorite, but generally not a good idea to open yourself up to this much risk early on imo

Last edited:
G

Gatecrasher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
would of folded the hand is that great