T9 x AA

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got Ts9s

The opponent (bottom) raise for 3BB pre-flop.

I called.

Flop: T 9 2 (suited)

I raise to the pot amout.

he all in.(AA)

I called.

Turn: 7

River: 7

What would u do?

Was I wrong??

Thanks.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Moved to tournament hand analyze.

When posting hands for discussion please include as relevant information as you know, position, stack sizes, stakes and other info

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't think you can fold 2p on the flop when jammed into like that. Sometimes you will see a set but most of the time it is a scared hand trying to win the pot on the flop.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it fine. You just ran into one of the common dangers of that type of 2 pair hand. If the opponent has an over pair, like AA in this case, and the board pairs one of cards that isn't one of your 2, then your 2 pair gets "counterfeited" to his higher 2 pair. It happens fairly often and the isn't really much you can do. You made the correct decision by calling when you were ahead.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, you did not play badly. It was just bad luck that the street was doubled on the river. I think I would have played similar to you.
If the BTN was a solid or conservative player, I would think that it has a premium combo in its hand (A-A, K-K, A-Ks)
If BTN was a very aggressive player, it could have double worse than yours.
But I could also have gotten a set on the flop (set of 2 for example, or 9 if it is a little less aggressive) but I assign this little chance.
So I think you did not play badly.
Greetings.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Sounds like a fair play to me. Just another bad beat. I have been running into bad luck with two pairs lately as well. Usually getting sucked out by a flush on the river.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would u do?

Was I wrong??

Thanks.

please post some more Information like stack sizes, Position, blinds, Action from other Player (even folds), sizings, suits of your Cards and Cards on the flop,...

with T 9 2 suited do you mean a montone flop? did he have the A for the nut flushdraw?
if he has an overpair with a fd you are a slightly Underdog but basically flippin