Sweet rags

Refuse2Lose

Refuse2Lose

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Was playin a pub game $10 entry, down to the final table, I've got an average stack, probably coming 3rd or 4th out of 8. I looked down to see 3♦ 7♦ with the button directly to my left. Blinds had just gone up and I thought I'd try and see a flop with these low suited cards, seeing as though most others on the table were playing pretty textbook poker. After limping, the BB raised to 2.5x the BB, everyone got out of the way and the button and SB had folded. I put him on 2 very high cards AK, AQ or a smaller pocket pair, somewhere between 8's and Q's. Made the call anyway to represent a nice hand and a higher ability to squeeze him out on the flop. Anyway, the flop came 5♦ J♣ 6♦. Not a bad flop for me, a lot of outs and possibility of havin the nuts. I was n't too surprised to see him come out with a bet nearly twice the size of the pot. I stalled for about 90 seconds and called. 6♠ on the turn and it was checked to me. A pair on the board wasn't really what I wanted to see with a flush, straight and straight flush draw but I bet out for about 3/4 of the pot. I got a lightning quick call, a little suspicious, into the river we go. The MONEY CARD!!! 4♦!!! Makes my straight flush. I didn't have to put my chips in, he pushed before me, so I put him on the ace high flush but it wasn't to be, he was holding J♠ J♥. Took down a massive pot and the chiplead, ended up coming 2nd after I caught a runner runner beat heads up. Don't you just love it when the hand falls into place so perfectly?!

Last edited:
calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done for coming second.

I think you were very lucky and that without the money card ( over 20-1 ) to hit then you were likely to be drawing dead. How would you summise your play had the money card not hit. Honest question.

Anyway - well done for coming second, also you must have played well in general to make the final table - nice one.

Refuse2Lose

Refuse2Lose

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done for coming second.

I think you were very lucky and that without the money card ( over 20-1 ) to hit then you were likely to be drawing dead. How would you summise your play had the money card not hit. Honest question.

Anyway - well done for coming second, also you must have played well in general to make the final table - nice one.

It was a $10 game, not high stakes at all so I played a bit more loose, I was lucky to hit my over 20-1 money card but sometimes we get lucky. Other than this play and a few stone cold bluffs I played some pretty solid poker. I'm not tryin to say I played this particularly well but I took down the pot and isn't that the #1 objective?

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D Y a u got luckey but hey we all need luck in poker me especially

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. I'm not tryin to say I played this particularly well but I took down the pot and isn't that the #1 objective?

No.

You're in Hand Analysis here so I'm going to.

I'll let playing 73s in the cut off with the vig go as it's fair enough to be creative near the end of tournies, but it has to be a raise or fold, limping here is horrible. There is no flop that you have the nuts with if the BB checks other than 777 and 333 and you will have no idea where he is. If you play you need to seize the initiative.

You then compound the error by calling when you know you are behind (I think we can write off 72 from him).

You get a piece of the flop and chase despite his bet indicating how far behind you are.

I'm not sure what you are representing on the turn, is it a 6? But assuming he's ahead he's calling so all you are doing is juicing a pot where you are behind with one card to come.

You have possibly 9 outs to the flush and 3 more to the straight with only one to the nuts, at best you have 12 outs for 20%ish by the turn and given the paired board and low flush you are drawing to you may only have 1 clean out. You actually had 11 outs fo 18%ish as the Jd is dead.

Fact you hit isn't relevant and his push is daft given the diamond. That the buy-in was low for you doesn't matter either.

Sorry it's an ugly hand.

Nice result though :)