"Steamed"

M

MoeMo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just can't seem to get past a hand that i was involved.It was in a $300.00 gp and we were down from 127 to 26 entrants the bb was 600.I raised preflop 3xbb with AQ off(i was in last positition) after a couple of limpers called,and most folded cept the bb and sb.Flop comes 7x,Ax,3x,I push all-in(i'm short stacked at 2.5k and the average was 6.5k)I put the bb on a Ace no kicker as he's been playing loose and giving up his chips with such hands lately,and the sb was never in the game to begin with,so my push would force her to fold.Giving me a heads up with the bb,but no both blinds call.The bb turns over A4 off,and the sb turns over 7-3d(yep,7-3d?and with an ace onboard and a preflop raise?)Turn comes 3x,river is x as it didnt matter i got no inprovement and niether the bb.She types in:"yes,i admit i was lucky there"."Bad Poker"thats what that was no ands ifs or buts!

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive had lots of bad beats ( wores than that ) you have to just forget it and move on,otherwise if your playing and think of that it will take you away from the game you are playing and you will screw up. We all get bad beats the best advice i can give you is get it out of your mind and move on. Hope you dont get to many like that one,it drives you crazy,i no, now i just forget about the bad beats and concintrate on what im doing in the game im in now. good luck in the future>>>>>>>buckster436:smokin:

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very little sense in the small blind hanging onto those cards, for sure. That was just a horrible pre-flop call. The only thing about your play that I would question is the size of your button raise.

That late in the tournament, I would be much more apprehensive about a short stack going all in than a short stack making a modest 3xbb raise. I would probably interpret that bet as representing a marginal hand, and might be tempted to stay in the pot. By the time you pushed all-in after the flop with no improvement, the small blind was already pot-committed. She was basically forced to call the balance of your stack. Which is great, if you're running a trap on her. Terrible if all you have is a naked ace hanging out there.

Last edited:
P

python3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How many chips did the SB have? Suited 3 Gap isn't awful if she had a lot of chips, or if she was on the verge of getting blinded/anted.

Last edited:
RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
python3 said:
How many chips did the SB have? Suited 3 Gap isn't awful if she had a lot of chips, or if she was on the verge of getting blinded/anted.
I don't know how many people would call an 1800-chip raise with that hand regardless of how many chips they had. It takes a pretty sophisticated player to tackle 3-gap starters with any regularity without tanking. I can tell you I wouldn't think about it for a second. And we know she had enough to cover the pre-flop raise AND the 2500-chip all in that followed, so she doesn't appear to have been in danger of being blinded out at the 300/600 level. I stick by my assertion that the small blind made a really bad call, which was egged on by the too-small raise beforehand.

I

imafin4u

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You're still tilting over it...time to move on...

Atticus01

Atticus01

Paradise Freeroll #4 Winner
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont get it why would that person call 3 times the big blind in the first place with 7 3 anyways.....well just goes to show you no matter how big of money tournaments you play you can never get past the idiots.....anyways you made the right play.

A

ApolloEagle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So you wanted her to fold her two pair when you went all in after the flop?