The starting hand

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok so $100+ 10 tournament sit and go 9 seater 3 tables 27 entries live tournament.
Your on the button everyone has folded but the blinds starting stack is 10k with $50/$100 blinds you have queens and make it $300 the small raises to $1000 and the big shoves all in. What do you do? I folded but I'm curious to see what you would do? Also what do you think you were up against?

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Ok so $100+ 10 tournament sit and go 9 seater 3 tables 27 entries live tournament.
Your on the button everyone has folded but the blinds starting stack is 10k with $50/$100 blinds you have queens and make it $300 the small raises to $1000 and the big shoves all in. What do you do? I folded but I'm curious to see what you would do? Also what do you think you were up against?
Generally, in early game we are use to see weaker players going all in with trash hands, with no information of players I would make what every one says to I don't to do. I would go all in.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree we do see this sort of thing happen all the time. In my experience it happens a lot on line. The fact is this is not a micro stacks online game but a live one. It would have tasted really bad to me but I admit I would have folded here. The hard part here is the SB could have looked at your raise as a steal attempt and the BB could have seen your bet as a steal and the SB bet as a re-steal. I would have been concerned about the BB all in more that the SB re-raise by the way and why I would have folded. Playing live I don't see many 4 bet shoves as a bluff.

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early on in a tournament against unknown players using default info and plans I'd let QQ go. Especially if my read on the situation is I have a skill edge over the field as a whole. The thinking is if I can outplay my opponents I don't need to take big risks. In particular live players are more tight and straight forward also.
To call in this spot, I'd need better info on the opponents, reentry as an option, knowledge that I'm at a skill disadvantage or opponents with smaller stacks than my own.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No re buys and it was early on in the tournament still in the first round of blinds. Both players were unknown or recognized.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed all the way with all of it. But I am starting to see more 4 shove live lately! Not that I like it

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you did good on fold. QQ first hand on the button is good but to risk all your chips so early. Good move.
Cheers,
M.D.

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would have folded also, still lots of poker left in the game, why flip so early and you might go up against KK or AA. You made right move.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100bb with QQ is fine either way; meaning that it's close to neutral EV and player and read dependent. If you fold you still have 97bb and a playable stack. If you call you're usually in good shape to double early or be out early.

Generally, the better your skill relative to your opponents the more you should pass on these marginal spots. Because I'm going to estimate my own personal edge to be quite high in a $100 MTT I'm probably going to pass understanding that often I'm folding the best hand....but I'll have many better spots later to get my whole stack in.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on position, if I was in ur place I would have called and Wish for a bit of luck.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands