Squeeze QQ on bb vs 4bet shove - Would you play differently and how?

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flush royal... almost

You did the right thing.. I would probably do the same..but...
Didn't you wonder that his stack is large and by that mean that he also has strong hand ? That he is giving everything for one hand ? I thought he has Aces ...
When big stacks are going all in-you should pull the brake because you were aggressor he just jumped you and thats the end... play on !
(To all of those being generals after battle...wouldn't you go all in with AK ?

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it wasn't TOO small,,,,villian was shoving no matter what,,, :deal:

I think that regardless of the size of the 3bet you make I think it would be the same fate, the villain would have gone all in and you wouldn't fold so the fate would be the same, the hand was well played, unfortunately the villain got lucky

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't really thought my 3bet was small. I'll adjust that. GL GL

You played well. Your 3 bet was others players stack..
This time he was lucky, on the big journey-you'll win !

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524JKYUfW
This distribution happened yesterday at MicroMillions $ 11. I wonder if this compression was necessary here. I think that in front of three players this squeeze is ok. Would you play differently and how?

I would play absolutely the same way, you just had no luck with the river, this is an ordinary cooler and coinflip

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion calling his all in was the right move. It was just one of those flips you lost.

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it was perfectly fine. You dont want to go 4-handed with premium hand to small limped pot. So its squeeze or push-all in.
Both would end the same way here.

Also his all-in range is much wider then AA-KK, so for me its ok call.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Everyone agrees - as do I that the squeeze was correct. Sizing should be adjusted and everyone also agrees here as well.

Just thinking out loud - call preflop.
Pot preflop 6410.

A/K villain cbets 2985? and maybe we get another opponents and we call.
Pot pre turn 15365.
Now either MP1 or SB has 1/1 pot size bet remaining. And A/K villain has about 2/1 SPR.

Turn is blank A/K, either a reckless LAG is betting again - and we have an easy large 3bet spot - or as a very aggressive move - jam. But a solid villain is checking this card isn't he?

If versus a solid player he checks and we overbet the pot to say - 22k - is A/K calling?

Just a thought - He probably is - but it's just a different line to think about.

This sounds terrible tbh :(

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This sounds terrible tbh :(

^^ This sounds like your scared to play post flop..... tbh :confused: ^^

See anyone can make a snappy, snide comment without thought.

It'd be better to discuss the +/- EV of an alternative line, wouldn't it?

How about we elaborate on terrible?
Is it as terrible as losing a flip when putting in your entire stack preflop with the 3rd best starting hand?

How about consider the alternative line - rather than just shooting it down - because GTO bot solver says so?

I don't know - the more I think about it - the more I prefer to play post flop versus a bunch of seasoned donks that can't fold A/K. Sounds like a +EV winning strategy.

Sure the squeeze play is optimal - except when it isn't - except when the result is exactly what happens. So many folks lose with QQs vs any number of hands - and ya'll just wanna keep playing them same as everyone else always does - and loose the flips same as it always happens 50% (or more) of the time.

This hand probably isn't even posted/discussed if hero didn't flop top set.

If we call rather than push and pray - is villain double barreling? If so is he calling our strategically sound re-raise on the turn?

To answer OPs original question - I DO play this hand differently 25% of the time. If this is not GTO approved - I don't give a crap.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my point of view that was a good play, i would have played it the same way.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it was a smart move, as a matter of fact, it is better to 3 bet than to shove.
We dont have his stats, or yours to judge the 4bet shove, but to my knowledge, we only do that so low/mid pairs and AK/AQ/AJ/KQ fold

AKo dude played it stupidly, almost all the Sims say to Call or Fold.
His AKo got lucky this time, it is as good as if he played 38s/ 98s.

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think villain with AK would call no matter what you do,3bet 15BB or push