Can someone tell me why I won this hand

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got AK club suited, someone got pocket 10, and another got A8. All in. Table cards are:

7d; 4c; 3d; 10d; 5c

First I thought I lost all, as the one who got pocket 10 got a set, I don't have any pair, nor flush... but the result is the one who got pocket 10 and I both win. I win a little more. It's a freeroll tournament on ACR.

I am very confused!
Thanks

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the stack, perhaps you and A8 had a stack larger than that of a set of 10, he took his chips, and everyone else got your AK

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1010 guy had the least amount of chips, side pot was between you and the guy with A8, you beat the guy with a8 so you get rest of his chips after you both pay 1010 amount that he had.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I got AK club suited, someone got pocket 10, and another got A8. All in. Table cards are:

7d; 4c; 3d; 10d; 5c

First I thought I lost all, as the one who got pocket 10 got a set, I don't have any pair, nor flush... but the result is the one who got pocket 10 and I both win. I win a little more. It's a freeroll tournament on ACR.

I am very confused!
Thanks

The only thing I can think of, is the pocket 10 player was short stacked (i.e. less than your stack).

Justin Nichols

Justin Nichols

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10s were broke and you beat the other guy

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the other posters that you won the side pot and the 1010 had fewer amount of chips.

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1010 guy had the least amount of chips, side pot was between you and the guy with A8, you beat the guy with a8 so you get rest of his chips after you both pay 1010 amount that he had.

I see! I am new to tournament and didn't know stack also affect winning.
Thanks!

Thank you all for your replies!

Last edited by a moderator:
MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL!!!
So you were the chip leader at your desk)
the winner took his chips and was glad
and you get back the extra.

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You won the side pot definitely.
I think the guy with 10.10 had a very small stack and you didn’t even notice it, because a lot of chips came to you))

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

7d; 4c; 3d; 10d; 5c

I am very confused!
Thanks
My guess is that you did not win, in fact you may have had more chips than anyone else therefore the remaining chips where just returned to you, which looks like you won something.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably have teh guy with pocket tens covered. i. e. you have a larger stack. The other gu has pocket tens also covered, so you both can't go busto if losing to him, you lost against tens but won against A8

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think thats what happen, TT won the first side pot and you and A8 was heavy stacked and you won with the bigger kicker and since it was so much more, you see more than the side pot, you won extra chips into your stack...congratulations champ!
depending on the stack, perhaps you and A8 had a stack larger than that of a set of 10, he took his chips, and everyone else got your AK

D

drXalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the pocket 10 guy was short stacked. After him you and the A8 guy gone in a side pot. And of course you won the side pot because you had AK

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
Very intresting post.

Good question

My take is the dealer liked you more than the 10-10 player and shipped all the chips to you.:):bike::icon_comp:thefinger

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

7d; 4c; 3d; 10d; 5c

I am very confused!
Thanks
Hey
Very intresting post.

Good question

My take is the dealer liked you more than the 10-10 player and shipped all the chips to you.:):bike::icon_comp:thefinger

Example:
Pocket 10's player had 50 chips to start hand
You AKclubs had 1000 chips to start hand
A8 player had 1000 chips to start hand

The main pot will have 50 chips from Pocket 10's player because that is all he has and 50 chips each from AKclubs player and A8 player... Okay there is 150 chips in the main pot and all three players are eligible to win that 150 chips.

The side pot will have 950 chips from AKclubs player and 950 chips from A8 player... Okay there are 1900 chips in the side pot but only AKclubs player and A8 player are eligible to win this pot because 1010 player has no chips in this pot.

The cards 7d; 4c; 3d; 10d; 5c

Pocket 10's player wins 150 chips main pot with the hand of 10,10,10,7,5 (all holdem hands are 5 card hands)

AKclubs player wins 1900 chips side pot with hand of A,K,10,7,5

A8 player loses all with hand of A,10,8,7,5

Last edited:
vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
oh, so many people tried to explain you :alien: good job