SnG, AQ, A of the flush suit

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the cheapest level SnG at a site where I'm trying to see how far I can go with a freeroll winning.

avia has been very LAG; in almost every other hand and raising/betting. Previous hand a short stack doubled up nicely by using the Rope a Dope strategy when avia paired the bottom card on the flop and led the betting all the way through.

Players(max 10):
Pinkos Y (3,120.00 in seat 1)
Marcus_33 (1,310.00 in seat 2)
xpapikx (1,150.00 in seat 3)
j-ms1982 (1,085.00 in seat 5)
aviadregev (4,875.00 in seat 7)
NineLions (1,960.00 in seat 8)
Pattywolf (550.00 in seat 9)
bennytaxi (950.00 in seat 10)

Dealer: Marcus_33
Small Blind: xpapikx (25.00)
Big Blind: j-ms1982 (50.00)

ninelions was dealt: Qs - Ad

aviadregev Raise (100.00)
NineLions Call (100.00)
Pattywolf Fold
bennytaxi Fold
Pinkos Y Fold
Marcus_33 Call (100.00)
xpapikx Call (75.00)
j-ms1982 Call (50.00)

Flop 7d - Qd - Kd

xpapikx Check
j-ms1982 Bet (375.00)
aviadregev Raise (750.00)
NineLions ???

I have no idea from reads whether either bet implies a flush; it's possible that the raise could mean a made flush, but then it's coming from the LAG. I've got the Ace of the flush, paired the Q, maybe both bets represent Kings?

Last edited:
aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My initial reaction here is shove. If j-ms has tp you have 14 outs, making you just less than 2:1 seeing two cards. avia most likely has nothing but aggression. If you have any fold equity at all vs the initial better your shove is good w 1675 in the pot.

buick60

buick60

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to be the aggressor and re-raise probably all in.You have way too many outs to fold.:cool:

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a little worried that you say Avia was caught overplaying a weak hand just moments before. Unless he is a total maniac, I doubt he would be repeating the error, and therefore must have a real hand.

Even so, I agree with AG. You have the odds. Shove.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when in doubt, shove it all in and hope for the best

(disregard the "when in doubt", but yea, shovesky)

R

Riedel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I read the HH correctly, there's 1675 in the pot at the time you have to make your decision. In case you're against a made flush and something like 2 pair or a set you're 20-25% to win you have to call 1000ish (or push without fold equity). I don't see either villain folding. I think I fold here.

Last edited:
NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At worst, if one of them has a made flush, I've got 7 out left to me. If on the other hand the best hand out there is a K, then 2 Qs and even 3 As are good giving me 14 outs. I know I don't have fold equity against avia, but maybe some against the other guy.

I appreciate the comments, since it's another one of those hands that I wonder whether I did the best thing or not. I shoved, they both called with Ks giving me something like 54% chance of winning according to Pokerstove, but no help came. j-s showed KJ, and a J came on the turn so he tripled up and avia took the rest of my chips.

R

Riedel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunate, given the hands they called you with you had more than proper odds. My fold totally without reads. I still think you had no fold equity whatsoever barring someone completely bluffing. I think the re-push gives everyone proper odds to call if the flop helped them in some way. Villain 1 only has to call 600ish or so for a huge pot, and villain 2 already has invested too much to fold anything. Your stack wasn't big enough to push anyone out of the hand.

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say easy push most likely middle pair weaker kicker or on flush draw which you have the best possible draw too.

S

snrcreech

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are beat at this point. All in on a flush draw? not me fold fold fold

Full Flush Poker