Slow playing quads

Refuse2Lose

Refuse2Lose

Total posts
Generally speaking I am not a big fan of small wired pairs. But in late position with 6c 6s, i decided to call a raise of 3x BB (given that the raise was made early and most people had folded. I had put my opponent on a variety of hands but namely a pocket pair higher than mine (or ace whatever suited). To my delight the flop cam [6h 10s 6d]. My opponent took his time but checked it to me and I checked, setting my trap. The turn was a blank, a [2c] and my opponent bet 1.5x the pot. Initially I thought he may have pocket 2's but decided, if he is not on a full house already, he is probably chasing the higher end of it with a 10, possibly with an ace kicker. So what! I've got quads! I smooth called his bet, hoping to get maximum value out of him. The river was not the best card in the world for me, it was [10c]. He led out with a bet, much smaller than his turn bet. Thinking that I had the best hand I raised all in and got an instant call. I knew what he had before he turned over, sure enough [10h 10d]. I think at any stage in this pot, if I had pushed all in I probably would have been called, he flopped a nice full house and sucked out his 10 on the river. Any advice on a better way to play this?

The_Flash

The_Flash

Total posts
That is the mother of all bad beats...Sorry man.

I'd grab a voodoo doll or something and let it have it.:mad:

J

jenkins_thelord

Total posts
That sucks man bad luck. No way you could have anticipated that!

K

kankerstein

Total posts
Wow, thats a Hand Id have to throwup Afterwards

There is nothing @ all you could ever do about this.
Poker is of course in the longrun a game of skill but in the Shortrun a game of Chance and Luck, and the badnews is it only takes a few seconds for the river to make you want to do Cartwheels or have you pissing your pants. Sorry about this badbeat man, if it makes you feel any better I once lost $7500 dollars with flopped quads to a runner runner Straight Flush . If it didntmake you feel better, which im sure it wont. I'm still Sorry. The world has a way of equaling itself out. For this huge badbeat youll probably make thousands soon dont worry.