rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi guys, i'm posting this thread to get some feedback and knowing what's your play in this situation. So actually this is a cardschat freeroll "Saturdays for bronze memebers" on ACR/BCP.
This is the second hand of the tournament.
Starting chips: 2500
Hand: AQo
Position: Button
Stack: 2485
blinds: 15/30
So the action folded to me i opened x2.5 (75) the SB folds, the BB pushed All-in.
Here I remembered the first hand Villain was UTG and opened about 86 chips, the action folded to him and won the pot, so i'm saying that this is the type of player that just play for fun and want to accumulate a lot of chips in the begining "BINGO ALL-IN PLAYER" and trying to put him on a range of small pocket pairs, A9+... he confused me.
In micro buy-in tournament generally Villain 3bet here. So I decided to call and he turned pocket 9 that helds up.

Pretty sick :mad: to get busted out the second hand, maybe should I treat the freerolls as medium buy-in ? i don't know..
In my situation what would be your play ?

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In free rolls , people will jam with any pair ,almost any ace even unsuited. The problem is even if your ahead, almost any hand will have 40% equity against you
except where you they have Ax , that is the only situation your 72% to win. If you fold your hand every time, people will take advantage of it.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s a beginning of the tournament, I will fold AQo here and call with AK and JJ+. With those hands you are really ahead of his range, every thing else should be folded. Like I said, it’s a beginning of the tournament, and it’s not right time to be lucky. You have plenty of blinds for playing. And another thing, play freerolls like any buy in tournament, and you will have good results on the end.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start of the tournament, why risk all in AQ? I don't think this is the right decision. You come to the tournament to play, get an AQ, play all in and lose.... (example) and get out... all in, this is the most stupid strategy of many players... You can't throw out AA + KK the other hands are easily out. Without problems.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
AQ is not really a major prime hand. It plays well in many situations, but all in right of the bat ? It's a choice you have to make. You plan to have some fun or you want to play seriously and go as far as possible. If you opt for the latter, you should fold that hand, it's not worth anything besides been a pretty hand especially when suited, but that's about it.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing freerolls, always be prepared for different types of players.

Players who raise each hand on any cards.

Players who go all in each hand.

Super calling stations.

Players for whom the size of the raise and 3bet do not mean anything.

Players who think they have solved the secret of the poker room program and go all in once.

No end to bluffing players.

If there are more than 2000 people in the Freeroll and the blinds are growing fast, don't expect a lot of adequate play.:D

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first point would be to not assume anything about anyone after just seeing them for 2 hands. In this case it is not even two hands yet because we have only seen his pre flop action and not a showdown or how they play the streets. I think you were ulitmatley right that this was a gambling player but I would not be making the assumption as fast as you made it unless you knew something more about the villain. I have seen plenty of players raise hand one and then jam hand two to get called and they showdown KK. Not enough info yet to making assumptions.

Getting to your holding it is a strong hand but it is not a monster. If his range really is pocket pairs plus nines then you are crushing some of his holdings for sure will mostly be flipping. At this point you need to ask yourself how good do I think my skills are vs the average player in the field? You may not know the answer to that if this is one of your first CC freerolls but you should always have confidence in yourself. With that being the case do we want to put everything on the line with a probable flip (a flip that we would be a 56/44 dog give or take) if we believe we are good enough to chip up with solid play? I just don't like the risk reward here if we feel we can play well throughout the tournament and accumulate chips.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is the very beginning of the tournament, so there is no point in taking risks with a hand like AQ. The range for all-in at the beginning of the tournament for me is AK, QQ +. Sometimes I can expand the range if I see a weak player. It's okay, you can make a mistake in the freeroll).

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, i'm posting this thread to get some feedback and knowing what's your play in this situation. So actually this is a cardschat freeroll "Saturdays for bronze memebers" on ACR/BCP.
So the action folded to me i opened x2.5 (75) the SB folds, the BB pushed All-in.
Here I remembered the first hand Villain was UTG and opened about 86 chips, the action folded to him and won the pot, so i'm saying that this is the type of player that just play for fun and want to accumulate a lot of chips in the begining "BINGO ALL-IN PLAYER" and trying to put him on a range of small pocket pairs, A9+... he confused me.
In micro buy-in tournament generally Villain 3bet here. So I decided to call and he turned pocket 9 that helds up.

Pretty sick :mad: to get busted out the second hand, maybe should I treat the freerolls as medium buy-in ? i don't know..

It is really complicated to say when you get into situations similar to yours, freeroll is usually a bingo tournament, except for the Silver and Platinum Cardschat tournaments, where only people who really understand poker enter, but the other freerolls are tournaments that are independent from your hand, bad is possible and likely.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I think, call is ok, it should be +ev. CC nits would say it's fold, but they forget that +ev is +ev, doesn't matter what stage of tournament.

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I put this on Equilab and here are the results... so I really think it is CALL against a wide range. (44+,A5s+,KJs+,A8o+,KJo+) you have 55.16% so go ahead.

:9h4: :9s4:

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Q

For me that's a fold. It sounds like you are treating the situation differently, since it's a freeroll. But I think the good poker play here is to fold. You haven't bet much, and they're saying they have a hand, even though they may not since it's a freeroll.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello,

I recommend a fold. Too many bb to call. Don't call off this many BB preflop unless you have AA,KK, or AK. Anything else just fold and live to play another hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands