Sick hand!!! what would you do here?

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt Poker Game #6111680265: Early Double - B (45837822), Table 12 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:33:44 ET - 2008/04/20
Seat 1: bob_tiger (5,260)
Seat 2: SpiralOut04 (2,450)
Seat 3: morticia (730)
Seat 4: J_Killer121 (1,985)
Seat 5: stevox12 (7,450)
Seat 6: Derby07 (2,255)
Seat 7: bookee (1,960)
Seat 8: 2old2fold (6,595)
Seat 9: Redneck1nc (3,780)
bob_tiger posts the small blind of 80
SpiralOut04 posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bob_tiger [9h 2h]
morticia folds
J_Killer121 folds
stevox12 calls 160
Derby07 folds
bookee calls 160
2old2fold calls 160
Redneck1nc folds
bob_tiger calls 80
SpiralOut04 has 15 seconds left to act
SpiralOut04 checks
*** FLOP *** [Th Kh 2d]
bob_tiger checks
SpiralOut04 checks
stevox12 bets 500
bookee calls 500
2old2fold has 15 seconds left to act
2old2fold calls 500
what do we do here?

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well since you have a decent stack, 500 wont really hurt you, so I call just for the hell of it. Then depending on what hits (obviously the heart or even better the 2) would depend on whether I fire a bullet at it. I see what you are getting at though, your flush isnt that strong, you only have bottom pair, plus 2 others have already put themselves in the pot. If you did fold I wouldnt blame you. If the heart fell, then you shot a bullet, and BOTH stayed in the pot, I would fold for sure. There is also the straight draw out there, so that is one nasty flop. Never know though, the raiser might have been just trying to push you two out of the pot and take it down for nothing. If you dont hit the turn, and unless the river is cheap/free, I think that I would get out of it. I wouldnt even spend another 500 if you dont catch anything at the turn. These are the types of hands that probably will get a ton of different responses, as alot of people play differently. I tend to be ultra tight (at least early) and ultra aggressive so I probably will stray from part of the pack on this one.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt Poker Game #6111680265: Early Double - B (45837822), Table 12 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:33:44 ET - 2008/04/20
Seat 1: bob_tiger (5,260)
Seat 2: SpiralOut04 (2,450)
Seat 3: morticia (730)
Seat 4: J_Killer121 (1,985)
Seat 5: stevox12 (7,450)
Seat 6: Derby07 (2,255)
Seat 7: bookee (1,960)
Seat 8: 2old2fold (6,595)
Seat 9: Redneck1nc (3,780)
bob_tiger posts the small blind of 80
SpiralOut04 posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bob_tiger [9h 2h]
morticia folds
J_Killer121 folds
stevox12 calls 160
Derby07 folds
bookee calls 160
2old2fold calls 160
Redneck1nc folds
bob_tiger calls 80
SpiralOut04 checks
*** FLOP *** [Th Kh 2d]
bob_tiger checks
SpiralOut04 checks
stevox12 bets 500
bookee calls 500
2old2fold has 15 seconds left to act
2old2fold calls 500
bob_tiger raises to 5,100, and is all in
SpiralOut04 folds
stevox12 has 15 seconds left to act
stevox12 folds
bookee calls 1,300, and is all in
2old2fold calls 4,600
bob_tiger shows [9h 2h]
bookee shows [7h 8h]
2old2fold shows [Ah 3h]
*** TURN *** [Th Kh 2d] [8c]
*** RIVER *** [Th Kh 2d 8c] [9s]
bob_tiger shows two pair, Nines and Twos
2old2fold shows Ace King high
bob_tiger wins the side pot (6,600) with two pair, Nines and Twos
bookee shows a pair of Eights
bob_tiger wins the main pot (6,700) with two pair, Nines and Twos
bob_tiger: boom
bookee stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 13,300 Main pot 6,700. Side pot 6,600. | Rake 0
Board: [Th Kh 2d 8c 9s]
Seat 1: bob_tiger (small blind) showed [9h 2h] and won (13,300) with two pair, Nines and Twos
Seat 2: SpiralOut04 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: morticia didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: J_Killer121 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: stevox12 folded on the Flop
Seat 6: Derby07 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: bookee showed [7h 8h] and lost with a pair of Eights
Seat 8: 2old2fold showed [Ah 3h] and lost with Ace King high
Seat 9: Redneck1nc (button) didn't bet (folded)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG you called PF with 92s ?

You do understand how this could have easily turned south, right?

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to see the chat that followed, you should be ashamed of yourself lol:p

i can kind of sort of understand the limping into the flop but the all in??? guess that'll learn the ol boy about limping with AK though

1122phoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop I wouldn't fold because he is getting huge 9 to 1 on his money. On the other hand 9 2 is a hand that you only feel comfortable with, if both 9 and 2 hits, 16 to 1 against on the flop. Where I would have done it differently is just calling the 500 instead of raising or just folded at that point. I have to admit that the big reraise semi-bluff was all heart. Congrats, on the huge pot.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i was gone all day and just had to post the hand before i forgot what happened. ok DJ and Kenzie, why fold pre for 80 more? there was no raise and I'm getting good odds to call this. Yes DJ i do understand how this could have went completely wrong. When the action got to me, I didn't put neither one of them on a flush draw, I figured one had something like KQ and the other had something like AT. This was a pretty loose table and a lot of limping in was going on at the time. I was playing tight, nobody caught me bluffing in a pot, so I'm thinking if I push here, semi bluff, Even If i do get called by QK or something like that, I would have outs to catch up. Then one of them calls I'm like uh oh, then another one calls, I'm like can i take my chips back? lol. Well anyways I was in with the best hand on the flop, the guy with 87 hit his 8 and i hit my two pair, yay. Later on I got a bit unlucky when i flopped a flush vs 2 pair and he caught a full house.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sexiest hand ever, IMO - love you work :D

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand is either fold or call on the flop (I don't mind the preflop SB call....) , both are easily justifiable and it just matters how you feel. Feel like gambling, call. Don't, fold.

C

Connon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
92 of hearts is my lucky hand so I woulda played it the same!

maybe :D

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, in all fairness to you Bob, I might also complete with suits. But I am getting to the point that I can see why it isn't as good a value as it appears. It would have been really possible that other suited heart hands limped, and 3 of those kill your draw. As it stands, from my POV, the limping is what saves your butt here from a severe verbal thrashing (LMAO, J/K, have fun with it;)).

Bottom pair reraise based on flaky decisions, which you state you understand mean you were intending the bluff and from that point this takes on a different perspective.

As a bluff, with outs, OK!

Come play with us Bob!;)

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like a flop call, either. The only card I'd really like on the turn is a 2. A 9 completes the open ended straight draw. There are so many callers that a bigger flush draw is downright likely, so I don't like a heart. Continuing the hand with that many players, you're pretty close to drawing dead. At least the all-in raise gives you a shot at taking it down, isolating the best non-draw hand (and thus having a live draw), or isolating to the best draw (which can't have your pair beaten ATM). My problem with the all-in is that it's so risky when you're still healthy in chips. Two of the callers have you covered. Plus, you'd still be giving decent pot odds with an all-in. You could get called by a made hand and a bigger draw, which is a disaster.

Really, both options sound bad to me, so I think a flop fold is a good idea.

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without even looking at the rest of the replies and the result I can see posted...

fold preflop.

no pot odds in the world will convince me 92 is a good hand to complete the small blind with.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[joking]Is T2s good enuff[/quote]

assuming the T high SB rule?

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so many callers that a bigger flush draw is downright likely, so I don't like a heart.
I think you're going to have to back this up with some numbers, because this sounds very wrong to me.

AlexeiVronsky

AlexeiVronsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to push in situations like this, it's a great spot for a squeeze play, and likely to get any bigger flush draw to fold unless it's a combination draw, in which case first bettor would often have checked with intention to raise or caller would've often raised the bettor, so it's a little less likely that there's one out against you, still possible of course but not an overwhelming possibility. You likely have a lot of fold equity with the squeeze here and if you are called against a single player's assumed calling range of KK+, TT, 22, AK, KT, or AQ, AJ, QJ, Q9 of hearts you still have about 42% chance to win which you're easily getting odds for if you're called. If both players decide to call you're not doing great, but that's highly unlikely against decent opponents.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many callers that a bigger flush draw is downright likely, so I don't like a heart.

A higher flush draw is very unlikely...

But yea just fold it preflop...coz hands like this have way more potential to get you into huge trouble than anything.

postalram

postalram

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys keep forgetting the most important thing........

They were sooooooooooooooooooooooted :D :D :D :D

I would have done the same. He had the chips and he was in the small blind. That doesn't mean I would never fold when in the blinds. In the same case if it was offsuit I would more likely fold PF. But when you have the chippies you can really GAMBLE!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands