Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to Bentheman87:T♠ K♥
* * Sklansky group 6
Preflop:
* * 2 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 2

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

My M is exactly 4, we're not even close to the bubble, I'm in bad chip position, is this a fold? If we play it's a shove since our M is only 4, right?

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think either folding or shoving is fine. If you fold then you have a few more hands where hopefully a better situation would present itself and if not you'll have to gamble.

If you shove then you might pick up 300 or double up. As long as you don't run into KJ+/TT+ you're not in too bad shape.

I think I favour the shove.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why is your m=4? easy shove.

simple rule, when shortstacked:

Any A, any K, any pr, allin.

If the rule, got you from m=11, to m=4, reapply.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold this, wait a little longer and see if you can pick something else up. Also, I know this does not go for everybody, but I would rather be blinded out and get a little more money than bust out with nothing

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reads on the players still to act?

I fold this most of the time, unless I've got a read that the button and blinds are all rocks or nits - in which case the cards in my hand probably don't matter.

Otherwise, you're going to get looked up far too often by hands that you're occasionally flipping with, but are usually crushed by. Better spots will happen.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the push, in all probability they don't have enough to call as it still represents too much of their stack. If you fall any further you're getting called by more hands. This is 9plyr sitngo Inscore he's not blinding out to any money.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont push I think, then again for some reason I cant see the blinds. Unless they are unreal (still alot of people they cant be that high), I wait.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont push I think, then again for some reason I cant see the blinds. Unless they are unreal (still alot of people they cant be that high), I wait.

They're not displaying, but I gather from the M=4 comment that they're at 100/200

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally i'd shove. Probably won't get called and even if you are called you are in ok shape. It's basically your last shot to shove before the blinds come around again unless you hit a miracle hand and you are pretty much done if you lose your blinds.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SNG Wizard will tell you this is an easy shove.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably won't get called and even if you are called you are in ok shape.

Not quite sure I understand the logic of this. Anyone left to act who calls a shove from us and loses will be crippled - given that, what kind of calling range are you giving these players that we're in "OK shape" against?

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get called by AQ or AJ you are probably ~38-40%. 77-99 is coin flip etc. Ofc there is an outside chance your K will be dead but KT is a pretty decent hand HU. Anyways if you put the calling range as premium then obviously it is an auto shove since the odds of being called is very small. It doesn't make sense to me to say that you'll be in bad shape if you are called by a premium hand when the odds of 3 players to act having a premium hand is extremely low.

Anyways if you don't shove what next? Provided you don't wake up with a monster you are too far OOP to shove another hand before the blinds reach you. It isn't easy defending a 200 BB with a stack of 1000 behind so you are probably left with having to shove from the SB and you can only do that if everybody folds to you. You would now have 900, hardly any fold equity, and a few hands until you are too far OOP to shove and are forced to commit on the BB with ATC...

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something more interesting would be K2 or 7T or the like. With KT it's a %100 clear shove, I'm pretty surprised there's actual debate going on about this hand.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chips --> Middle.

M = 4, get r in!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something more interesting would be K2 or 7T or the like. With KT it's a %100 clear shove, I'm pretty surprised there's actual debate going on about this hand.

qft