Short Stacked Flopped Straight Push all in....

W

WPT2008

Total posts
Ok, so in a MTT tourney I am shortstacked about 1200 in chips, to the gazillions on the table LOL I am in the BB position, have 9-10o no preflop raise, so I check. flop comes.....8c-Jd-Qd 3rd position bets 500, no callers, comes to me, i push all in. Knowing he is on a flush draw as there was no preflop raise to give me the clue he is holding paint in his hand.

I push all in he calls. My read was right he had 7-8d he didnt get his flush i take down the pot.

My frustration lies, that when i did this, all th eplayers on the table starting calling me a donkey and that I don't know what I am doing etc. I got a little ticked off, because if it would have been raised preflop i would have folded. I was short stacked in the BB checked it and flopped the straight. then pushed. i nearly tripled my stack I do not think i played that hand wrong. I honestly thought the guy would fold on a draw, but he had such a huge stack it was like pennies for him to call.

And the person starting trouble with words on the table wasn't even in the hand. then the next hand i raise preflop and this jerk keeps going on about i am an idiot. :confused:

Whats the point? Did I play that hand wrong? I do not think I donkeyed in that hand.

???

P

pirates66

Total posts
I really don't see what else you would have done in that spot. You played it just fine.

P

ph_il

Total posts
Awards
what were the blinds at? You might've called off a large percentage of your chips with a weak hand and that might've upset the players. But hey, everyone limped, you were in position, you flopped a straight, and you tripled up. What are they going to do about it?

Ignore them and just play your game.

Last edited:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Total posts
Awards
You got it right, and they got it wrong. But thats your secret now.

D

DrJ

Total posts
what were the blinds at? You might've called off a large percentage of your chips with a weak hand and that might've upset the players. But hey, everyone limped, you were in position, you flopped a straight, and you tripled up. What are they going to do about it?

Ignore them and just play your game.

No, he was actually in the BB and playing for free. No idea what the other guy was complaining about.

P

protoskull

Enthusiast
Total posts
Seems to me to be just one of those moany tables where everyone's an expert. If you had button-called though, that's different. But you didn't so give them the cold shoulder and carry on playing your game.

S

Strat Cat 9

Total posts
You made the right call ... I'm surprised no one else at the table supported you when people started to "beak off"

I

imlosinit4u

Enthusiast
Total posts
You played it great good job.Let them get mad lol.Maybe they will tilt and you can take more from them.;)

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Total posts
Once in awhile, I get players that like to beak-off about how horribly the hand was played and such, and in your position as it was I would have just typed "BB stupid", that usually shuts them up because they know your right and feel absolutely stupid to continue.

You were in the BB, checked and hit the straight, no bad play involved here.

DaveE

DaveE

Legend
Champion
Total posts
Awards
CA
Most of the chat experts have no idea what they are talking about. They may have recently read a poker article and now consider themselves experts.You'll find most of their comments are completely results oriented.
I used to debate them but it's a waste of time, because they're always right. I've come to the point now where I don't even look at the chat box any more, it used to put me on tilt. I just click on the "info" tab and leave it there.
When I go over my hand histories (something I highly recommend to anyone that doesn't), I sometimes come across these comments there. They are actually kinda funny after the fact.

Note: While the better players out there don't usually involve themselves in this crap talk, those that do use it as a tactic to put you on tilt. Some of them are experts at it. Yet another reason to stay away from the chat.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Total posts
I love chat "experts"

You sound like you are worried about your play. Bring that here, lots of advise available. DON'T give 1 thought about it at the table. Well maybe one.

I've tried to have a policy of a 3 "word" vocabulary since day 1.
NH, TY, GG. that's it.

NEVER defend your play, explain, correct or otherwise participate in verbal chat wars.

I have recently got into the habit of being more chatty but I do try to follow the above rules. I did recently respond to a "call me...idiot" with "idiot" but I just couldn't help myself:eek:

If someone points out what a donk you are, a TY should suffice. (You can ask us later. we'll tell you what a complete donk u r, but with love.)

In addition to genuine nice hands, suckouts or just plain bad play always warrant a NH.
NH as well for EVERY show of an uncalled hand. Wanna keep the free info coming.

And always say GG when you knock their ass out (especially if it's via a bad beat).

Be creative. I actually target these loudmouths with what may turnout to be badbeats just to give them what they crave, a reason to bitch. They always seem to be the same guys who limp or min raise w/AA. My T8 soooted is there in a heatbeat. No better feeling than hearing that rant when I bust em with my straight, flush or occasional boat. Love hearing about MY bad play.

Goldog