Short Stack Flush Draw/ Blinds Getting High

S

Syfted

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolling today, found myself getting some seriously cold cards... new to Full Tilt so didn't save the history, but it went kind of like this...

Blinds around 180/90
I'm on small blind w/ 500 chips after the blind is in, Big Stack is on the button with about 20k.

I have something like 6c-8c.

Couple of callers, Big Stack calls, I call, BB checks.

Flop comes about Qc-4c-10h.

I move all-in, folds to big stack, who calls. He had 10-something. Turn and River show rags and I loose it.

Now, I understand I probably shouldn't have gotten myself into that bad a situation to begin with because the blinds were getting really high. With blinds that high, I probably should have picked out an earlier hand to play before the blinds caught me.

With lower blinds, I'm not sure... Hypothetically, assume the blinds were actually 50/100. Would moving all-in be wise?

More importantly, how often should I move all-in on draws?

R

rllngn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think i would have moved all in, think i would made a defense bet to see the next card, but if u have to a flush draw is not that bad especially in a fr, in those u have to get chips early to survive, plus ftp puts hist or your comuter for u at least for me in my documents so ican go back and look

BigCaliber

BigCaliber

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a small stack and being that late building your stack with blinds increasing I probably would of done the same thing.You need to pay to see the flop and with the clubs lining up what the heck its a gamble ,Win some lose some.

BC

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold preflop please

shove flop as standard imo, you have a bit of fold equity to fold out weak tens, and should be willing to take the 30% shot at doubling up with your stack so short

with lower blinds, i'm probably doing the same thing exactly

TiltForLife

TiltForLife

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold it preflop, no need to get out of line. You could maybe also ship it preflop but if there were antes, the big blind would be absolutly obliged to call.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are short stacked, you really have only two options, fold or shove. With this hand, I would fold and wait for a better opporunity. You have a good number of hands to choose from since you will be dealer next hand.

Full Flush Poker