Right/Wrong with AQo

nguyenboom91

nguyenboom91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ABC LIVE TOUR BUYIN 50$ - GTD 20000$
Blind: 800 - 1k6 ante 1k6 ( blind at BB)
UTG1(70k ): limp
UTG2(50k): limp
LJ ( Hero- 33k chip): raise 4k8 AcQs
Call , call.
FLOP( 18k2) : As, 3s, 10d
check, check, Hero bet 7k6 - UTG1 FOLD, UTG 2 CALL
TURN: Ks
check, hero shove - utg call
=> Hero shove because i think UTG range JJ-, A9d-. blocks straght, flush
UTG : set 10 . river 4h.
How do you think about action of Hero?

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the stack sizes and position, I would've shipped it pre flop. This is the play unless I've seen the limpers limp tens or better, out of position. I'm sure the hand ends here and I'm happy taking down the chips.

You should've shipped it on the flop. You knock out drawing hands and make smaller aces pay.

JJ or better is not in the villains' range.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre-Flop: Raise a bit more than 3bb given that there are two limps. I'd make it 6400-7500 and shoving is also OK.

Flop: Looks good

Turn: Holding the Qs, you don't have to worry as much about protecting your hand. I like betting small to keep your opponent in with worse hands; checking back is also a fine option.

But regardless of how you play this hand post-flop, you should absolutely be stacking off here. The reason is simply stack-to-pot ratio: The pot is much too large compared to your stack to get away from top pair high kicker. So don't worry, this is pretty much just a cooler!

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the stack sizes and position, I would've shipped it pre flop. This is the play unless I've seen the limpers limp tens or better, out of position. I'm sure the hand ends here and I'm happy taking down the chips.

You should've shipped it on the flop. You knock out drawing hands and make smaller aces pay.

JJ or better is not in the villains' range.
I agree with this comment, you gave your opponent the nuts practically for free, but don't despair at this, we are learning

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I recommend a larger preflop raise to isolate one opponent or take it down preflop. Going all in preflop with the limpers seems reasonable but Im leaning toward a 5.5 bb raise. Flop was played well and the turn shove was perfect. Opponent just had the goods. This is a profitable play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a starting stack of 21BB and two limpers in front of you, this is essentially the same as facing a mini-raise, and rejamming is the easiest and most profitable play. The issue with raising small is, you will always get called, and then postflop is pretty rough, when you miss the flop. Which will happen 2/3 of the time. As played postflop is the easiest stack-off in the world. You have top pair second kicker, and the SPR is only around 1,5.

Turns out he flopped a set on you, but this totally does not matter. If he had raised preflop, and you had jammed, then he would have called with TT, and the result would have been just the same. Spots like this can not be avoided, and when you lose them, its just your turn to go out of the tournament. Other times you end with 40+ BB however, and then this is, when you can cash or run deep.