Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in mid of a 10 man Sit N Go.

5 people left. I have about 4500. Blinds are 25/50

I get dealt pocket Queens

In mid position I raise it up to 250.

3 others call. Leaving me in 1st postion. Pot is 1150.

Flop comes 8c Qh 8d

Sweet hit my Full House. I bet 400. 1st guy drops. 2nd guy raises to 1000. 3rd guy calls. I call.

Turn comes 3d (Possible Flush Draw but I got the boat. I think the one guy has an 8)

I bet 500. He raises it to 1500. Last guy drops. I go all in. The Guy calls.

I was right and I was wrong. He had Qd 8s... Offsuit (He justified calling since he was the Big Stack 8300).

I pretty much have him. There is only one card that can beat me.

River 8h

Is this just bad luck or did I play this hand wrong?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bad luck IMO. You raised PF 5xBB. He would have called anything after that flop, so there was no getting away from that river card and ensuing quads.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not one for analyzing hands much but the only thing that you may have done differently is push all-in after 2nd guy raises to 1000. Now he would probably have called with the trip 8's he had anyway but that would have been your chance to push him out of the hand, I think......I'm sure others will post after me with better ideas but other than that I think you played it well and just had a terrible beat.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The other guy flopped a boat too...albeit the lesser boat. So I'm thinking there was no way he was laying that hand down. The real question is why he would call the pre-flop raise?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freakakanus said:
I'm not one for analyzing hands much but the only thing that you may have done differently is push all-in after 2nd guy raises to 1000.
I dont agree, I think XIII played it right by calling. He wanted to keep both opponents IN the pot to build it to the max (and hope that they hit a flush), not shut them out.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
XXIII said:
He had Qd 8s... Offsuit (He justified calling since he was the Big Stack 8300).
This implies you took him to task for it after the play. Hope you didn't!

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the only way you could win this hand was to go allin pre-flop and maybe he would have folded, other than that you played it rite. buck:hello:

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO you played perfectly. Queens for me is a standard 4-5 xBB and then take it from there. I don't like to commit myself all-in with that kind of hand if I can help it, as you always get some muppet calling with Ax and hitting the Ace on the board. Why he called you with Q8os is anyone's guess, that's a muppet/fish call if ever I saw one, but you want that type of person in poker, cause over the long run we'll win. After the flop you were both commited to that hand all the way, so you couldn't have done anything else. He got lucky, big time, but you have the consolation that you played that hand a hell of a lot better than he did. Add him as a friend and look to play him again, as you should take him down!

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know, you did make some mistakes but I don't think it would have mattered because I don't think he would have folded the Q, 8 after the flop. I would probably would have raised more pre-flop and went all in after the raise postflop.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played everything the way I would have. It always hurts to have your monster hand get beat by a bigger one. He really only had one out, that does qualify for a bad beat cring session and possible entry into suckout hall of fame (usually requires runner/runner).

He had exactly what you want, the baby full house. I don't see how you both would not end up with everything in the middle before it was done. You can think about this hand all you want but the results would be the same. You could have reraised back into him on the flop but you want people around when you have the nuts.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played, just bad luck.

this is a big enough monster to slow play all the way to the river.
Someone with an 8 in his hand had less than %5 chance of hitting his quads, and slowplaying is a gamble i'd take any day with this hand.
Well played i think you just got unlucky - slowplaying was smart in that it kept the most people possible in the hand, and therefore more chips in the pot (which most of the time will be in your hands).

XXIII

XXIII

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
This implies you took him to task for it after the play. Hope you didn't!

Not I. After I got busted out I am not allowed to speak since I was 'Not Seated At the Table'.

Someone else asked how he could play Q8 off

Edit: I think I just hit a cold streak this week. It seems like I have everything right and lose. I think its time for a week away from the tables.

Thanks again. I was just making sure I did what I thought was right.