• Thread starter transientemotion
  • Start date
T

transientemotion

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To bad I didn't extract more money from that.

Freeroll (45344844), Table 108 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:43:10 ET - 2008/04/09
Seat 1: madder cat (1,485)
Seat 3: leeslake (4,545)
Seat 4: BDAN33 (1,470), is sitting out
Seat 5: old dirty chef (1,470)
Seat 6: tes1975 (1,470)
Seat 7: sassy5x (4,530)
Seat 8: naturalice (75)
Seat 9: BIGC92 (1,500)
BDAN33 posts the small blind of 15
old dirty chef posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to madder cat [2c 2h]
bigkev0069 sits down
bigkev0069 adds 1,500
tes1975 calls 30
sassy5x calls 30
naturalice has 15 seconds left to act
naturalice raises to 75, and is all in
BIGC92 folds
madder cat calls 75
BDAN33 folds
old dirty chef folds
tes1975 calls 45
sassy5x calls 45
*** FLOP *** [6c 5s Qh]
tes1975 checks
sassy5x has 15 seconds left to act
sassy5x checks
madder cat checks
*** TURN *** [6c 5s Qh] 2♠
tes1975 checks
sassy5x checks
madder cat checks
*** RIVER *** [6c 5s Qh 2s] <font color='red'>2<font face="arial">♦</font></font>
tes1975 checks
sassy5x checks
madder cat bets 345
tes1975 folds
sassy5x folds
Uncalled bet of 345 returned to madder cat
*** SHOW DOWN ***
madder cat shows [2c 2h] four of a kind, Twos
naturalice mucks
madder cat wins the pot (345) with four of a kind, Twos
sassy5x: nh
naturalice stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 345 | Rake 0
Board: [6c 5s Qh 2s 2d]
Seat 1: madder cat showed [2c 2h] and won (345) with four of a kind, Twos
Seat 3: leeslake is sitting out
Seat 4: BDAN33 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: old dirty chef (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: tes1975 folded on the River
Seat 7: sassy5x folded on the River
Seat 8: naturalice mucked [Kh 7d] - a pair of Twos
Seat 9: BIGC92 didn't bet (folded)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Put out a 1/2 to 2/3 pot bet on this turn, why would you want to let 87 hands get a free card and 87 should be in opponents ranges. As played I'd bet 175 on the river.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put out a 1/2 to 2/3 pot bet on this turn, why would you want to let 87 hands get a free card and 87 should be in opponents ranges. As played I'd bet 175 on the river.

Im guessing he didint bet because there whas no money in side pot and a player all-in so checking to the river is completly normal.
I allways heard you should not bet if a player is all-in and no money in the site pot if u dont have the nuts or at least close to it so u dont scare away a hand that could have out drawn the all-in vilan and knockt him out.
Any way thats just me opinion.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't bet unless you improve your hand and that is usually only when you are down to the last 4-5 players. In this hand we should ignore the AI short stack and play as if s/he didn't exist.

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im guessing he didint bet because there whas no money in side pot and a player all-in so checking to the river is completly normal.
I allways heard you should not bet if a player is all-in and no money in the site pot if u dont have the nuts or at least close to it so u dont scare away a hand that could have out drawn the all-in vilan and knockt him out.
Any way thats just me opinion.

Generally yes, you want to knock them out. But if you're quite happy that your hand beats the all in player then go ahead and bet at it. A set of 2s on that turn is highly likely to be the best hand so it would of been appropriate to bet.

T

transientemotion

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the reason i didn't bet on the turn when i got the trip is trap reasons. i know for a fact if i bet on the turn i would have gotten a fold. at the turn i was positive i had the winning hand. i checked to show weakness in my hand so someone would over bet the pot thinking they were going to steal it. i was hoping that ace pair came up for someone.

either way they folded at the river...i suspect they would have folded at the turn. if one of them had the queen there would have been a bet more than likely at the flop, so i wasn't really concerned about getting beat by the queen. they could have checked because they paired either the 6 or 5 and wanted to see who might have the queen which obvioiusly worked out wonders for me.

maybe going lower on the bet would be the smarter move to try and extract as much as possible like you said. i really tried to play it donkey for that reason. :p

i didn't want to make it obvious my hand was the best at a tight folding table

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the reason i didn't bet on the turn when i got the trip is trap reasons. i know for a fact if i bet on the turn i would have gotten a fold.

And how often do you get yourself trapped when the river is a 4,9 or a spade and bemoan the fact that you let opponent catch up? I'll bet a lot more often than you'd like to admit.

T

transientemotion

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doesn't bother me a bit as it would be a cheap loss. i have won WAY more hands doing the trapping myself than i have lost. i always lose thinking i had the hand made at the turn and get burnt on the river.

i tend to let the other person dig their own grave.

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would rather have NO loss than a CHEAP loss... i would have atleast bet min on the turn... im sure that could have gotten 2 callers with it only being at 15/30 in a FREEROLL. this is where the donks live and you have the nuts...

as for checking down to the river i like doing that but only if your gettin close to the bubble in a tournament or if you are the last few at a table. for all other situations keep playing your cards to win! but having that playing hanging around and finishing 2600th place instead of 2000th place isnt really going to affect you.

just my 2 cents.. very nice catch tho !!