QQ - MTT - M>5, middle position, was this a fold?

A

altruist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand History Posting and Rakeback

Blinds were going up, would've been a M of 3.5 by the time the blinds came again if QQ was never played here.

markyboy1234 was 43.75/9.38/2/32 -- I've previously seen him raise 4x with TT early game in UTG2, hit a JJ4 flop and called an all-in raise (his opponent had 99 though).

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, never against this type of opponent and/or with your stack imo. Get your money in asap here.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, never against this type of opponent and/or with your stack imo. Get your money in asap here.

Surprise, surprise I agree with Chuck.

Absolute must push.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard to say something 100% in poker but this is 100% push everytime in this situation

im assuming since your posting this it didn't work out

if thats the case don't worry about it it was defiantly the right play

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Def push against a player w/ those numbers. What were you hoping to show by saving back 660 instead of pushing initially?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree it's a push but your M calculation is wrong. Your stack is 1660 with blinds at 50/100 giving you an M of 11 going to a little more than 5 with a blind increase. Also don't mess around with these silly little min raises, they accomplish nothing.

A

altruist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wasn't really sure what I was doing with that min-raise, but not like it would've made any difference in the hand.. figured if all the money was going in anyway, might as well try and see what happens.

If he just called, and let me see a flop, that might have affected my decision.. a little.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess by the time he re-re-re-raises you, you can assume he has KK+ and you are behind, but by then you are getting something like 7 to 1 pot odds, so it's a mandatory call anyway.

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely no way I fold QQ that short stacked preflop. All-in everytime! You can always suck out.

Folding in Poker